Is there a notable distinction between connecting to a live or demo account while strategy test my EA's on MT5

Hi Guys

Is there a notable distinction between connecting to a live account and a demo account while strategy test my EA's on MT5?

The history quality of  both are the same 98%.

Still, I see quite a difference in results when I'm connected to a Live or Demo account strategy test my EAs.

Can anyone tell me more about this?

Thank you!

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Account Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

louis: Is there a notable distinction between connecting to a live account and a demo account while strategy test my EA's on MT5? The history quality of  both are the same 98%. Still, I see quite a difference in results when I'm connected to a Live or Demo account strategy test my EAs. Can anyone tell me more about this?

Yes! There can be (but not always), differences in the contract specifications, account conditions, trading conditions (e.g. commission), and also in the quotes data (both OHLC and tick data).

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes! There can be (but not always), differences in the contract specifications, account conditions, trading conditions (e.g. commission), and also in the quotes data (both OHLC and tick data).

thx

louis #:

thx

there can be a difference, even, when using strategy tester on the weekend.

Reason: