trades opening twice

I'm a live trader on MT4 Build 197. As my EA is executing trades, they are showing double entries. My journal tab only shows one entry, yet a duplicate entry is being executed. Is that a broker problem or MT4?

I'm a live trader on MT4 Build 197. As my EA is executing trades, they are showing double entries. My journal tab only shows one entry, yet a duplicate entry is being executed. Is that a broker problem or MT4?

I had the same problem when I was using some EAs on a Virtual Dedicated Server. It was putting in duplicate trades but went away when I had the admin of the network reboot their machine. If you are running it on server based system, you may look into that.

Good luck.

Ask question your broker. Problem can be solved using client and server logs.

Slawa,

When I had that problem, my broker nor MQ support could help me. I had emailed your office all the logs and other stuff but you all could not pin point the problem. A friend of mine, who is a networks guy, advised me to ask the admin of the virtual server to reboot the machine... and that did the trick. Apparently, there was a mirror created that was "mirroring" the orders. In fact, it was closing out orders apparently at random, but really because of spurious commands sent by the mirror.

Thank you very much for that tip. I have been thinking of moving to a virtual server. Who do you use?

Slawa,

When I had that problem, my broker nor MQ support could help me. I had emailed your office all the logs and other stuff but you all could not pin point the problem. A friend of mine, who is a networks guy, advised me to ask the admin of the virtual server to reboot the machine... and that did the trick. Apparently, there was a mirror created that was "mirroring" the orders. In fact, it was closing out orders apparently at random, but really because of spurious commands sent by the mirror.

Thank you very much for that tip. I have been thinking of moving to a virtual server. Who do you use?

I was using a friend's server at work and he had set it up for me to use it. Sorry, could not be of more help.
Reason: