How to calculate 1 pip programmatically?

When I read different material, I cannot figure out the exact formula for calculating 1 pip... I mean, number of pips, difference from opening and current price.

is it (Current price-Opening price)/point?

Please provide the exact formula that will calculate the number of pips for all pairs, indexes, shares, commodities and so on.

A unique formula for me to find it to be used in my newly developed EA...

Look forward

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Price Constants - Indicator Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

bahmanasgerov: When I read different material, I cannot figure out the exact formula for calculating 1 pip... I mean, number of pips, difference from opening and current price. is it (Current price-Opening price)/point?

Please provide the exact formula that will calculate the number of pips for all pairs, indexes, shares, commodities and so on. A unique formula for me to find it to be used in my newly developed EA...

Forget "Pips"! Instead, use "points" (point size), or "ticks" (tick size), both of which are provided in the contract specification and can easily be obtained in MQL.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Forget "Pips"! Instead, use "points" (point size), or "ticks" (tick size), both of which are provided in the contract specification and can easily be obtained in MQL.

Thanks Fernando, you have been always prompt. Yes, this can be used as you explain, however pips would be more comfortable for me to use in my new Martingale ea.
Let me give a try to what said by you. Thanks a lot.

Reason: