Tool Box went small again cannot drag it back to position and the usual fix not working - page 2

If the tool box didn’t disconnect in the first place this would not have been an issue 

MarkChick #: Thanks for tying to help but I wouldn’t know how to do that in any case. I can see where I can change my password and looks like my old password will auto generate though I don’t know what it is. So I can create a new password but then I don’t know how that will effect my mobile app and this is the last point of contact with my accounts and if that locks me out of that I am screwed at the close of Friday. I can see how to stop the EAs as well with my set up on the site and I don’t want to loose that either for some stupid reason. So am a bit stuck without clear way forward 

You did not save your credentials or passwords anywhere, nor even know how to make backups, or even simply make a copy of a file folder?

How do you expect to become consistent in your trading when you display lack of discipline and structure in the things you do?

You need to become more methodical and organised if you want to succeed as a trader.

As for your current dilemma, you will have to reset or create new passwords and then update them on everything that used them before, including your mobile devices.

As for the rest of your files, such as EA source files, templates, and others, you have effectively lost all of them if you did not make a backup.

MarkChick #:
So I have deleted the MT5 completely from my computer 
Re installed it 
Now I am back to zero 
How do I get back all my files VPS and accounts 

When I buy new computer so this computer has nothing ... completely nothing about Metatrader and about all my files incl indicators and so on.
But you know ... - I am easily buy new computer and install MT5 ... because I am keeping everything in the storage.
Yes, I am installing MT5, and after that - I am downloading all my files incl templates from the storage.

MetaEditor HelpProjects and MQL5 StorageWorking with Storage
Working with Storage - Projects and MQL5 Storage - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The MQL5 Storage (or repository) only works with the MQL5 (or MQL4) folder of the trading platform, and with the special Shared Projects directory...

Fernando Carreiro #:

You did not save your credentials or passwords anywhere, nor even know how to make backups, or even simply make a copy of a file folder?

How do you expect to become consistent in your trading when you display lack of discipline and structure in the things you do?

You need to become more methodical and organised if you want to succeed as a trader.

As for your current dilemma, you will have to reset or create new passwords and then update them on everything that used them before, including your mobile devices.

As for the rest of your files, such as EA source files, templates, and others, you have effectively lost all of them if you did not make a backup.

Thank you for your input 

These days most things are saved automatically which is where I eventually found my password 

Saving the data from MT5 I thought was automatic when you enter the user and password 

MT5 is very basic old system in one sense and very non user friendly in another. I traded manually before but started to try EAs which has turned out not very well, Especially if you have to be a programmer to operate MT5 

I have manage ti reset everything and trying to figure out saving process but when nothing lines up with the instructions it ridiculous and time consuming. 

Eventually I will figure it out maybe. very disappointing platform 

Maybe you git used ti it but its rubbish really 

Reason: