Ex4 file to vps

Hi i have been using a free ea on my pc lately and i have now purchased a vps. So i emailed myself the ex4 file and pasted it in the expert folder but now i cant drag it to my charts. It tells me it cannot load the ea but everything always worked fine on my pc. Is there a way to fix this? Note that the ea is not available on mql5 anymore and i cant load it via the purchased tab on my mt4.

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

mikeracine: Hi i have been using a free ea on my pc lately and i have now purchased a vps. So i emailed myself the ex4 file and pasted it in the expert folder but now i cant drag it to my charts. It tells me it cannot load the ea but everything always worked fine on my pc. Is there a way to fix this? Note that the ea is not available on mql5 anymore and i cant load it via the purchased tab on my mt4.

If this a Market product, then you can't just copy it over. It has to be installed and activated on the 3rd party VPS (provided you have activations left over).

You will need to logon with your MQL5 community account on that terminal and install/activate the product from the purchases tab.

Make sure it is the same account as the one that was used to purchase the product.

Even if it is no longer for sale in the Market it should still be available in the Purchased tab.

If however, you have no more activations left over, then there is no solution.

Reason: