Stop loss triggers too soon

I'm not sure if this has been discussed... a stop loss on the upside of the price always seems to trigger too soon, even though price has not even hit it. I'd say maybe 2-3 pip difference. A stop loss on the donwside however will trigger when price has touched it only, hence doing what is supposed to. Is this a known issue?? Not sure if a stop loss programmed with an EA will do the same thing. I'm thinking it would...

Are you sure you are taking into account the spread? The chart data is usually the bid prices. So a buy stop is activated when price touches the ASK. The ASK is BID+Spread... so you maybe seeing that effect.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Short positions are not considering the spread like long postitions are. It's kinda weird because the sell mark is not where it should be on the chart as well as the sl, it kinda throws you off. Is there a way to fix that? I'm thinking not...

P.S. Are you Maji from News Trading?

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Short positions are not considering the spread like long postitions are. It's kinda weird because the sell mark is not where it should be on the chart as well as the sl, it kinda throws you off. Is there a way to fix that? I'm thinking not...

On all the charts, it's the BID price which is plotted. So, if you enter short, the arrow will be at the "right place", because you enter at the bid price. If you enter long, the arrow will be placed on the ask price, (ie bid + spread). and this ask price may be above the high of the bar. That's not wrong.

Well, it may not be wrong. I think it's just a matter of opinion. The right place for me would be your break even as it will take your stop loss based on your entrance or break even point. But like I said, that's just me. I wish there was a way to change that.
Reason: