unfair rule for Multi pairs EA

here is result from ATC testing -- 1 errors:  expert takes too long time (more than 20 minutes)

If the testing of an Expert Advisor takes more than 20 minutes, it will not pass the check due to excessive consumption of resources.

The rule  is unfair for Multi pairs EA!

if only one pair spend 5 minutes, so if an EA trade 6 pairs, it could be spend 5*6=30 minutes

please, modify the rule!!! 

change to: 10 minute per symbol

I do not want to be rude, but I think you should optimize your code. I created a tick-indicator (it is recalculated every time a new tick arrives - that's about 80000 calculations a day!) and it can be tested in less than a minute for the last year.

balazs321:
I do not want to be rude, but I think you should optimize your code. I created a tick-indicator (it is recalculated every time a new tick arrives - that's about 80000 calculations a day!) and it can be tested in less than a minute for the last year.
For simple strategy, it can be tested in less than a minute, but for complicated strategy, it may be more than 5 minutes per symbol.

MQL5 is a very fast language, your strategy can be complicated, but your code shouldn't. If it's not top secret, then send it to me and I can make suggestions on optimization. 

song_song has  the point.  Multiple symbol EA cannot rely on chart tick, you may lost momentum on some other symbols. For this purpose, i am using timer event to update all symbols concurrently.  It made my EA time become much longer. 

I must say i am quite agree with song_song.  I am having hard time to adjust my EA to meet the required time :(

Do your EAs write to files or read from them? Because that slows down the testing of an EA very much!
Documentation on MQL5: File Functions / FileWrite
  • www.mql5.com
File Functions / FileWrite - Documentation on MQL5

balazs321:
Do your EAs write to files or read from them? Because that slows down the testing of an EA very much!
My EA check history deal and record the profit and then change lot weight of every symbol. And I have to write lot weight to file since they say terminal may be exit and restart in ATC

song_song:
My EA check history deal and record the profit and then change lot weight of every symbol. And I have to write lot weight to file since they say terminal may be exit and restart in ATC
Have you tried global variables instead?

fireflies:
Hi all,

Regarding suggestion by fireflies, my experience, i use global var and do a loop for 12 pairs and it take more longer time.

fireflies:
Can global variables work for array? I don't know. Any example? Thank you!

Dear song song,

the example (3 pairs) , if i am wrong please correct me. tq 

string input_Symbol;

input string Q1="EURUSD";   
input string Q2="EURAUD";   
input string Q3="EURGBP";
double      WPR_eurusd[];  int         WPR_handle_eurusd; 
double      WPR_euraud[];  int         WPR_handle_euraud;  
double      WPR_eurgbp[];  int         WPR_handle_eurgbp; 
int OnInit()

WPR_handle_eurusd       =iWPR("EURUSD",PERIOD_M30,14);  
      WPR_handle_euraud       =iWPR("EURAUD",PERIOD_M30,14); 
      WPR_handle_eurgbp       =iWPR("EURGBP",PERIOD_M30,14); 

void onTick()

string PairsDisplay[4]; 
   PairsDisplay[1] = ""+Q1+"";
   PairsDisplay[2] = ""+Q2+"";
   PairsDisplay[3] = ""+Q3+"";

double xwpr[4];
   xwpr[1]=WPR_eurusd[0];
   xwpr[2]=WPR_euraud[0];
   xwpr[3]=WPR_eurgbp[0];

// looping

double lotac;

int jxmd=3;
   for(int i=1;i<=jxmd-1;i++) 
   {

double priceclosegeneric=CopyClose(PairsDisplay[i],PERIOD_M30,0,8,kCloseM30);  //example

if (xwpr[i]>70) lotac=6;     //example

/// your code here ....in term of [i] array including array on technical indicator

}

Reason: