Bug in Optimization Routine

I think there is a bug in the optimization portion of MT4, Build 195.

Suppose, you try to optimize a parameter A (an extern variable), and in the "expert properties" selection the value is say 12. Now you run the optimization and you want to change the value of A to 5. You uncheck the selection A in 'expert properties', go into your code and change the value of A to 5. Now run the EA again, and don't check the optimization selection. The EA should run using the value of 5, and that is what we expect. However, surprise!!!!!!! It still runs with 12.

You then go into the "expert properties" and you will see that the value is still 12 and not 5, even though you have hard coded it and recompiled your EA. Change the value in the "expert properties" to 5 and that value is retained again even if you change the parameter value in the EA and recompile it.

However, if you don't optimize that EA then whenever you change a value of the parameter you don't have to mess with the "expert properties". If you once click the optimization then you are doomed. Even if you unclick it, you have to go into the "expert properties" to change this variable. I think the only way this is over ridden to the value in the EA is if you reboot your system.

I hope the Metaquotes people can get rid of this nuisance.

Metaquotes... please respond.

Thanks.

You need for follow steps to set parameters for testing:
1. Open Tester window, select Settings tab
2. Push button "Expert properties"
3. Select Inputs tab
4 Change some parameter and press enter.
5. Repeate step 4 if needed
6. Push OK button

You need for follow steps to set parameters for testing:
1. Open Tester window, select Settings tab
2. Push button "Expert properties"
3. Select Inputs tab
4 Change some parameter and press enter.
5. Repeate step 4 if needed
6. Push OK button

If I make a change in the actual code and recompile it again, the input parameters do not change. I have to go into the expert properties tab and change it. This happens ONLY if I run and optimization. If I do not run and optimization, I can change the values directly in the code and recompile it. I think this is a nuisance bug. Can you please comment?

Thanks.

Please reread my topic above.

Parameters for testing are stored in the tester\<your_expert>.ini file
Reason: