Macd advisor usage

I recently downloaded and installed metatrader and I tried to use the 2 advisors included in the package (MACD and Moving Average). I applied them to the EUR/USD pair. While the moving average advisor seems to work (it open and close positions etc.), the MACD advisor doesn't produce any action (it doesn't buy,sell etc.). I wonder whether there may be some parameter that doesn't make it work properly (I actually left all the parameters set by default - lots = 0.1, maximum risk = 0.02, decrease factor = 3.0, moving period = 12.0 moving shift = 6.0 - and applied it both to minute - M1- and hourly - H1- data graphics). I think I selected all the appropriate options (like the one to buy and sell in real time). Can anyone help me by suggesting some action or litterature on the topic?

thanks

luigimut

MACD Sample and Moving Average are just exemplary expert advisors that show how you can write your own exert advisor in MQL 4.

You can try to refer to "MQL4: Expert Advisor Sample"

MACD Sample and Moving Average are just exemplary expert advisors that show how you can write your own exert advisor in MQL 4.

You can try to refer to "MQL4: Expert Advisor Sample"

thanks for your answer.
I already went through the presentation article you suggested to me. It actually concerns the MACD advisor and therefore it should contain indication on how this specific advisor works. Unfortunately, though, It sounds clear but the advisor doesn't work on my pc. I wonder whether there is some setup to be fine tuned in order to make it work (for instance, pc language set up etc.) or there is some of the parameters to be changed (for instance lots, maximum risk etc.).
By the way is there some www page where I can find a definition of lots and maximum risk parameters?

thanks for your cooperation
Reason: