Is there a reliable, proven, prop firm EA? - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Again not true. I researched 43 prop-firms and only 5 of them discouraged the use of EAs.

However, those same 5 prop-firms, would still allow EAs, provided the EA executables were submitted for testing and evaluation, and if they passed, they would be allowed for live trading.

I researched prop firms in the USA, Canada, UK, Liechtenstein, Malta, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Israel and UAE.

EDIT: Obviously, I only researched prop-firms that offered MetaTrader as a platform. I did not research others that did not.

Some prop-firms want to examine your EA' code before permitting to use it (precondition), is't it ridiculers? 

Oleksandr Medviediev #: Some prop-firms want to examine your EA' code before permitting to use it (precondition), is't it ridiculers? 

It is their capital that is at risk with your trading. I would think it quite normal for them to want to make sure your EA is not going to cause them losses.

However, there are only a few that have that condition.

There's quite a number of EA that can pass challenge easily especially EA that are scalping ticks.

Looks promising when used for challenge and verification but highly unlikely to survive the real trading condition.

I cant speak on market ea's but as far as ea's in gerneral there are plenty of them out there and also non hft.  Also there are prop firm that specialize in ea trading, just do some research and you will find plenty of ea's and prop firms who let you trade wgatever kind of strat you want.

I don't think such thing exist, because trading is hard and propfirm's rules are even harder. Except you are willing to sacrifice 10 accounts, the maybe, just maybe you will get 1 or 2 funded accounts (which is still good considering the risk-reward ration in propfirm's withdrawal).

John Taylor:
Has anyone actually used an EA for passing their prop firm challenge and maintaining their prop firm accounts over a long period of time? If so, do you have proof? Trade history on myfxbook, for example? Thanks!

An indirect yet valid reply to Your question is that You should analyze what the rules and requirements in term of drawdown, trailing drawdown, profit and time of such firms are and forecast the expectancy of an hypothetical well successful strategy against those rules with an appropriate statistical software. The results may be discouraging.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Again not true. I researched 43 prop-firms and only 5 of them discouraged the use of EAs.

However, those same 5 prop-firms, would still allow EAs, provided the EA executables were submitted for testing and evaluation, and if they passed, they would be allowed for live trading.

I researched prop firms in the USA, Canada, UK, Liechtenstein, Malta, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Israel and UAE.

EDIT: Obviously, I only researched prop-firms that offered MetaTrader as a platform. I did not research others that did not.

Pls can you share list of those pf that allow eas and those that don't? Thanks

Vonthetrader #: Pls can you share list of those pf that allow eas and those that don't? Thanks

Such recommendations are not allowed on the forum, but as stated, most allow EAs anyway.

Vonthetrader #:
Pls can you share list of those pf that allow eas and those that don't? Thanks

If you Google "prop firm comparison" you'll find several sites that allow you to compare different prop firms on various criteria, including whether or not they allow EAs.

I'll make the point, though, that even those that allow EAs:

• Some don't allow the use of third-party EAs — you have to own the code, and may be asked to show the source code (you can do it on a video call, you don't have to mail it to them)
  • They pretty much all have a rule about not duplicating strategies between accounts or even between firms, even with your own EAs. And, of course, this is the danger with running third-party EAs, especially those with limited configuration options, because it's likely that you will unknowingly duplicate the trades of someone else using the same EA on the same asset and timeframe. I don't know exactly how they do it across different brokers, but apparently the prop firms share data somehow specifically in order to catch people duplicating strategies. That's not just threats on their part — I know people who got kicked off because of this.
So, bottom line, best to write the EA yourself. Or hire someone to. Or start with one of the ones from Codebase here and then optimize and modify it. Any EA that you don't have the code to, you put your accounts at risk if you duplicate someone else's strategy, whether you did it on purpose or not.

No one is going to give you , you have to develop your own with own research and analysis,

Lets suppose if some one agrees to give you prop ea at a considerable price ..but they will definitely not share strategy.

Reason: