Incompatibility of MT4 Mobile with WM 5.0 Smartphone Edition?

I need to know whether it is true that while MetaTrader 4 Mobile works with Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition (found for example in i-mate JASJAR, K-Jam and JAMin), it will not work properly with the Smartphone Edition, which is found in the I-mate SP5, which is the phone I have and am wanting to mobile trade with? If this is so, is there any feasible technical solution to the problem?

MetaTrader 4 Mobile cannot work on smartphones. This project is scheduled for development.

MetaTrader 4 Mobile cannot work on smartphones. This project is scheduled for development.

FYI

MT Mobile (ver 4.00 build 191) works flawlessly on my QTEK 9100 (WM5). This is a HTC-Wizard class phone (like K-Jam, i-mate etc.), which is considered a smartphone. No special tricks necessary. Installed -> worked.

[quote]

FYI

MT Mobile (ver 4.00 build 191) works flawlessly on my QTEK 9100 (WM5). This is a HTC-Wizard class phone (like K-Jam, i-mate etc.), which is considered a smartphone. No special tricks necessary. Installed -> worked.

Thank you for your helpful input. I now intend to use the i-mate JAMin (produced by HTC and functionally identical to Qtek S200, O2 XDA Neo) to trade mobile and believe that Metatrader Mobile can work on this particular unit. Can anyone assist by indicating exactly which files I need to install on this particular device (which runs Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition) and the precise procedure/method. I am not particularly technically minded and do not understand the difference (if any) between Metatrader CE and Metatrader 4 Mobile. Also is it the setup executable which needs to be installed or the .CAB files or both. What is the difference between Windows Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile and PDA Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile and which does one use. I know this may all sound very elementary but any answers and any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your helpful input. I now intend to use the i-mate JAMin (produced by HTC and functionally identical to Qtek S200, O2 XDA Neo) to trade mobile and believe that Metatrader Mobile can work on this particular unit. Can anyone assist by indicating exactly which files I need to install on this particular device (which runs Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition) and the precise procedure/method. I am not particularly technically minded and do not understand the difference (if any) between Metatrader CE and Metatrader 4 Mobile. Also is it the setup executable which needs to be installed or the .CAB files or both. What is the difference between Windows Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile and PDA Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile and which does one use. I know this may all sound very elementary but any answers and any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Otis,

To install MetaTrader 4 Mobile you can use EXE-file (windows installer) or CAB (PDA installer). There is no any other difference between files, except of platform on which they are started.

The difference between MetaTrader CE and metaTrader 4 Mobile: these terminals are intended to work with different servers. MetaTrader CE - for MetaTrader 3, and MetaTrader 4 Mobile - for MetaTrader 4.

Also MetaTrader 4 offers more analytical abilities and supports some MetaTrader 4 Platforms' features (for example, advanced security system, work through Data Centers and so on).

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards
Reason: