Discussing the article: "GUI: Tips and Tricks for creating your own Graphic Library in MQL"

Check out the new article: GUI: Tips and Tricks for creating your own Graphic Library in MQL.

We'll go through the basics of GUI libraries so that you can understand how they work or even start making your own.

Developing a GUI library is one of the biggest non-specific projects that anyone could think of in the context of MetaTrader 5, aside from very advanced things like AI, (good) neural networks and... getting fluent in using a GUI library that you haven't developed.

I was half joking with the last point, of course it's easier to learn how to use an already made library (even though there are really big GUI libraries out here)! But if I can learn how to use a library that is already better than something I could make myself, why bother creating one from scratch?

Well, there are a few good reasons. You may consider it to be too slow for your specific project, you may need to extend it if you need something very specific that is not included in the library (some libraries can get harder to extend than others) or functionality that is not possible with that implementation, it could have a bug (excluding those that arise from misusing the library)... or you could just want to learn about it. Most of these problems can be solved by the authors of any specific library, but you would be relying on them noticing or be willing to do it (in the case of expanding functionality).

In this article our goal isn't to teach you how to make an interface or show the steps to develop a fully functional library. Instead, we will provide examples how some specific pieces of GUI libraries can be made, so that they can serve as a starting point to make one, to solve a specific issue that you may have found or to get an initial understanding about is even happening inside of some huge codebase for an already complete GUI library.

Author: Manuel Alejandro Cercos Perez

As a goodie or as an application of your code of square boxes, you can program this little game for the time when a trader is waiting for the next opportunity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_Puzzle

That would be nice to implement (and probably quite straightforward from the last example). Wasn't the best application to demonstrate the last 2 points though heheh
Reason: