How to clone a terminal?

Is there a simple way to clone a terminal? I mean clone literally everything. I am trying to use two different terminals connected to the same trading account, but I want to be able to easily clone all the options and default drawing tool settings from one terminal to the other. If possible, I'd even want to clone the trading account's log-in credentials so that after cloning it I don't even have to log-in in the second terminal, it would already be logged in with the same profile as the original. And if I draw a trendline, I'd like to have that trendline drawn with the same default color settings as in the first terminal. And I'd like the second terminal to have the same options for things like max bars per chart or magnet sensitivity. In other words, I'm really looking to clone everything with as few steps as possible but I can't seem to figure it out. I know how to use two different terminals connected to the same account, or how to copy a profile or a chart template, but not everything else so is this even possible?

Jeepack: Is there a simple way to clone a terminal? I mean clone literally everything. I am trying to use two different terminals connected to the same trading account, but I want to be able to easily clone all the options and default drawing tool settings from one terminal to the other. If possible, I'd even want to clone the trading account's log-in credentials so that after cloning it I don't even have to log-in in the second terminal, it would already be logged in with the same profile as the original. And if I draw a trendline, I'd like to have that trendline drawn with the same default color settings as in the first terminal. And I'd like the second terminal to have the same options for things like max bars per chart or magnet sensitivity. In other words, I'm really looking to clone everything with as few steps as possible but I can't seem to figure it out. I know how to use two different terminals connected to the same account, or how to copy a profile or a chart template, but not everything else so is this even possible?

Yes! Just copy the entire directory and use portable mode. That is what I usually do instead of multiple installations.

Obviously there are a few more steps than just duplicating a directory but that is the main part.

Look up "portable mode" in the MetaTrader documentation.

EDIT: I'm no longer sure of this, but I think that passwords however may fail. You may need to input the passwords again, but the rest will remain intact.

The reason I am unsure, is that when moving between different computers it WILL require re-inputting the passwords, but I can't remember if it is also necessary when only copying to another folder on the same drive.

Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use...

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes! Just copy the entire directory and use portable mode. That is what I usually do instead of multiple installations.

Obviously there are a few more steps than just duplicating a directory but that is the main part.

Look up "portable mode" in the MetaTrader documentation.

EDIT: I'm no longer sure of this, but I think that passwords however may fail. You may need to input the passwords again, but the rest will remain intact.

The reason I am unsure, is that when moving between different computers it WILL require re-inputting the passwords, but I can't remember if it is also necessary when only copying to another folder on the same drive.

Thank you so much, I didn't know "portable mode" was a thing so I'll look it up like you recommended.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I can't remember if it is also necessary when only copying to another folder on the same drive.

Passwords will be saved.

fxsaber #:Passwords will be saved.
Thank you for the confirmation!
Reason: