Neural network setup

I've been facinated with neural networks, but all of the neural network trading software out there is either shady (think VantagePoint) or not transparent @ all. I would like to set up my own neural net, but I'm having a little difficulty getting started. Does anyone know of a good tutorial or tool for developing a neural net for trading? Basicly I just want to predict highs and lows. If I can get this up, I'll buy a PC just to do this and have it crunch #'s for all of the data I can get and then forward test it for 6 months or so.

Does anyone here know much about this or can you point me in the direction of a goood tutorial for this type of neural net? How about some software that's relatively user friendly in terms of feeding it price data and getting predicted highs/lows?

Thanks!

EDIT - I've read the one located here:

http://cortex.snowseed.com/stocks_nn.htm

but I think it's a bit over my head @ the moment.

Basicly I just want to predict highs and lows.

Oh, is that all?

but I think it's a bit over my head @ the moment.

really?

Well that was helpful. Any adults care to chime in?

This may be helpful.

http://www.cjbengineering.com/fx/perform1.htm

A very basic tutorial at cortex.snowseed.com
They also have a tutorial on how ho convert a neural net into MQL or other scripting language program. Though NeuroShell is still a bit more advanced :)

techinvest ,
Try not to get your feelings hurt, huh? If you ever make any progress, be sure to chime in and gloat if you will. B/c I don't think you understand the complexity of what you are trying to do. Besides, your comments show you think this is just something to figure out, like this problem has already been solved and all you have to do is find the answer. Well, not so. But whatever.

If you can dive into neural nets and genetic programming with no baseline knowledge and come up with something that allows you to predict highs and lows all by your little self, then more power to you. And while your at it, why don't you try to figure out world peace too, wudja?
Reason: