How To Sell An Indicator Which Needs DLL? - page 3

Hi

My EA not import DLL but it import some function from one Library which import DLL. So if user want use the fuction , then need active it and download the library.

I try upload the EA to Market as Utilities , it passed with no problem.

If I public the EA, is it break any rules of mql5 ?

MQL5 Market: Utilities
MQL5 Market: Utilities
  • www.mql5.com
A Market of Applications for the MetaTrader 5 and MetaTrader 4

Trinh Dat #: My EA not import DLL but it import some function from one Library which import DLL. So if user want use the function , then need active it and download the library. I try upload the EA to Market as Utilities , it passed with no problem. If I public the EA, is it break any rules of mql5 ?

If it is a true EA (not a utility), then you are not allowed to change the classification to "Utility" to circumvent the validation process, as that would violate the Market rules and you could lose your seller status or even banned permanently.

You can only use the "Utility" classification for true utilities, not normal EAs, but even then you are not allowed to use DLL calls as that would also violated the Market rules.

IV. Products

1. The Product offered through the Market service can be provided only as a compiled file with the EX5/EX4 extension.
  2. Products must not contain calls to any DLL, including Microsoft Windows system libraries.
Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

Fernando Carreiro #:

If it is a true EA (not a utility), then you are not allowed to change the classification to "Utility" to circumvent the validation process, as that would violate the Market rules and you could lose your seller status or even banned permanently.

You can only use the "Utility" classification for true utilities, not normal EAs, but even then you are not allowed to use DLL calls as that would also violated the Market rules.

Yes, it is  a utility ( not EA auto trade ).

I know about rules about DLL, but the utility not call DLL, it call a library ( ex4, ex5 file ) and only call when user active it and install library to MT4/5. the library will call DLL.

Hope admin mql5 can answer about it.

@Trinh Dat #: Yes, it is  a utility ( not EA auto trade ). I know about rules about DLL, but the utility not call DLL, it call a library ( ex4, ex5 file ) and only call when user active it and install library to MT4/5. the library will call DLL. Hope admin mql5 can answer about it.

And how is the library provided to the customer? Is it provided externally to the Market product?

If so, then that in itself may be a violation of the Market rules, as products sold must not be dependant on other external products.

It must be a single self-contained ex4/ex5 file!

Fernando Carreiro #:

And how is the library provided to the customer? Is it provided externally to the Market product?

If so, then that in itself may be a violation of the Market rules, as products sold must not be dependant on other external products.

It must be a single self-contained ex4/ex5 file!

Yes, customer can download it from a blog on mql5 or some where. 

No, I not think so. because it is an option, the product still work good if have not the library. 

Trinh Dat #: Yes, customer can download it from a blog on mql5 or some where. No, I not think so. because it is an option, the product still work good if have not the library. 

I suggest you clarify the situation with the Service Desk. If a customer later complains and the Service Desk gives them reason then that could affect your "seller" status.

Reason: