New Feature: Manual Order Split

I noticed that an order is automatically split when a portion of a trade is exited.

I would like to request a new feature that would enable a manual splitting of an order into multiple orders. Here's the scenario.

Problem: Most traders trade using multiple lots. Typically, a trader will place multiple orders to represent an entire position so that the stop loss and take profit values can be managed as needed during the course of the entire trade. In fast moving markets, it is often difficult to place these multiple orders, and often impossible to do this for market-based, versus buy or sell stop orders.

Scenario: Trader Tom likes to trade 4 lots for every position. When the trade goes 10 pips, he exits one lot, then moves the remaining position to breakeven. He then exits the remaining lots, individually, at 30, 50, and 75 pips. However, in order to not have to watch his trade all day, he will place multiple orders for each lot and assign appropriate take profit values for each order. He may also use a trailing stop for each order, so that he can capture profit in the event of a retracement.

Solution: Allow traders to place a single first order, with multiple lots. On the "Close Order" dialog, provide an option to "Split" the order into a seperate order. The new order will contain the appropriate number of lots listed in the dialog box. Traders now have a much easier way to jump into trades where the market is moving fast, as well as being able to view multiple positions without too much clutter in the pending order screen.

I noticed that an order is automatically split when a portion of a trade is exited.

I would like to request a new feature that would enable a manual splitting of an order into multiple orders. Here's the scenario.

Problem: Most traders trade using multiple lots. Typically, a trader will place multiple orders to represent an entire position so that the stop loss and take profit values can be managed as needed during the course of the entire trade. In fast moving markets, it is often difficult to place these multiple orders, and often impossible to do this for market-based, versus buy or sell stop orders.

Scenario: Trader Tom likes to trade 4 lots for every position. When the trade goes 10 pips, he exits one lot, then moves the remaining position to breakeven. He then exits the remaining lots, individually, at 30, 50, and 75 pips. However, in order to not have to watch his trade all day, he will place multiple orders for each lot and assign appropriate take profit values for each order. He may also use a trailing stop for each order, so that he can capture profit in the event of a retracement.

Solution: Allow traders to place a single first order, with multiple lots. On the "Close Order" dialog, provide an option to "Split" the order into a seperate order. The new order will contain the appropriate number of lots listed in the dialog box. Traders now have a much easier way to jump into trades where the market is moving fast, as well as being able to view multiple positions without too much clutter in the pending order screen.

That would be very neat!!!!

Use scripts. If you cannot, find a programmer.

what, pray tell, do you think mql is for?

Michal and GT,

This request is for a product solution to a common trader problem. Please don't clutter these posts with obvious observations. I'm quite aware that you can do practically anything via MQL or MetaQuotes' API. If I wanted an MQL or API solution, I would have visited the appropriate forum and asked for it. Please be more respectful of peoples posts than submitting such arrogant and unhelpful responses.

Regards,

stockwet
Reason: