"no disk space in ticks generating function"

Dear colleagues,

I am testing a strategy with a genetic algorithm, but many cores are disabled with a message as the one below:

2023.07.29 23:35:54.579 Core 04 pass 3 tested with error "no disk space in ticks generating function" in 0:03:05.255

The disk is not particularly full. Do you know where this message is coming from? Is it a parameter in the configuration? If so, which one?

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar

Just to answer myself. It might be a memory issue. It was solved by changing "All ticks" to "Ticks OHLC in M1".

Carlos Oscar #:
Just to answer myself. It might be a memory issue. It was solved by changing "All ticks" to "Ticks OHLC in M1".
It's a disk space issue as the message said, the Strategy Tester can use a lot of hard disk space (and memory too that's right) with temp files.

Carlos Oscar #:

I am an EA developer, I get the same message from time to time, as the moderator replied, some code uses a lot of caching resources, possibly due to using some functions to load a lot of data  history from indicator, ticks bar, etc.

You should optimize the code and free up memory when not needed.

Or if can not work on you can upgrade the disk capacity configuration, the amount of RAM your computer.

Plus : The data from the 1 minute OHLC data model will definitely be lighter than the Every ticks (Every tick based on real ticks) Data.  The test results in the OHLC model are not accurate, the quality of the results is only relative. You should consider this.

Dao Thi Thanh Nguyet #:

I am an EA developer, I get the same message from time to time, as the moderator replied, some code uses a lot of caching resources, possibly due to using some functions to load a lot of data  history from indicator, ticks bar, etc.

You should optimize the code and free up memory when not needed.

Or if can not work on you can upgrade the disk capacity configuration, the amount of RAM your computer.

Plus : The data from the 1 minute OHLC data model will definitely be lighter than the Every ticks (Every tick based on real ticks) Data.  The test results in the OHLC model are not accurate, the quality of the results is only relative. You should consider this.

This is not always correct. It depends from a lot of factors, basically on how the EA is made... For some EA it can be right, for some others, you can get same results in OHLC or Real ticks...

Fabio Cavalloni #:

This is not always correct. It depends from a lot of factors, basically on how the EA is made... For some EA it can be right, for some others, you can get same results in OHLC or Real ticks...

I would never rely on test results which are non based on real ticks. Having said that, to solve the original issue, go to the mt5 log folder of tester (File>Open data folder>Tester>Logs) and delete the log file....and the problem is over. 
Reason: