How do I encrypt a mql4 file?

Where to start?

Goggle encrypt and chose any program you like.

Why do you want to encrypt your source? Are you afraid someone will steal your PC?

ttechnik:
Where to start?
Start with the reason why ?

WHRoeder:

Goggle encrypt and chose any program you like.

Why do you want to encrypt your source? Are you afraid someone will steal your PC?

No, I do not.

The program is run the VPS, someone could steal.

ttechnik:

No, I do not.

The program is run the VPS, someone could steal.

So don't put the source code on the VPS . . .

RaptorUK:
So don't put the source code on the VPS . . .

No problem decoding the program ..
This is not a serious defense

Delete the program after it starts up. Once loaded in memory it does not need source nor executable. But... a clever thief could still find a footprint on your HD.

Ovo:

Delete the program after it starts up. Once loaded in memory it does not need source nor executable. But... a clever thief could still find a footprint on your HD.

What do you mean by that, can they steal files from my PC?

Anyone who knows what they are doing can, if they have access to the PC and it is not encrypted. I think the best PC security out there is probably truecrypt I have never used it but I have read about it.

I have a question? Lets say he encrypt his .ex4_files and place that on his vps. Would the platform be able to use the .ex4?

The only way MT4 can use an encrypted file is if IT knows the encryption key. Hopeful, that is what's happening with the new MT4.

If you just encrypt with some other program.. of course MT4 cannot read the file - it's like locking your cash in a safe, and then finding you can't spend it.. Seems, currently we have no defence, other than to delete the mq4 file.

Reason: