MT5 Live vs Demo data feed

All,

Firstly I understand that back/forward testing is not an indicator of future results...

When I optimise on MT5 using Demo account, therefore Demo data feed I always get 99% history quality. When I optimise using a Live account therefore Live server feed I am getting 80% - 30% history quality. I have checked 'unlimited' bars in chart. 

Does anyone know why the live server feed returns such poor quality history where the demo data feed is very good quality? Again NOT saying this is an indicator of future results, but due to recent copier failures I want to try and avoid copy from my master demo over to live and just run the EA on the live account thus I want to optimise based on live data feed from now on. I am not convinced of optimising on the demo and loading EA onto live as the entry indictors are always different. 

Server is [broker name removed] Demo and Live MT5 - 4. 

Thankyou in advance. 

I am assuming you testing with "Every tick based on real tick data", as that would explain the "80% - 30% history quality".

When testing with real tick data, you need to select a test date range that encompasses the available tick data. If you test outside of the available data period, the quality drops.

For example, if the tick data only goes back 1 year, then obviously if you test your strategy over two years, the the first half will not have enough quality, as the tester will use generated synthetic ticks instead.

Some brokers offer more tick data on the real accounts than on demo accounts, while others offer less on the real accounts, and others offer exactly the same amount on both. It depends on the broker and type of account.

So, if you want to have the same high quality on both, always check how far back the tick data goes, or test using another method without relying on tick data.

I have moved your topic to a more appropriate section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading.

I have been using every tick based on real ticks and 6 months history. But that makes sense that via MT5 each broker offers different levels of data, bit annyoing. 

Thanks for the response. Looks like Ill need to stick with Demo server. 

Reason: