Various basic questions - Help?

1. For trailing stop to keep updating, do we need to have our client (my laptop) to be ON and connected to the internet? I guess my question is whether the logic of the trailing stop is worked out by my laptop and periodically sent to the server, because I have seen it a couple of times that it was not updating my SL.

2. The time that I see on journal log appears to be based on my local time. But the time on the chart is different. Can you tell me what timezone is that?

3. On daily charts, what time is considered to be the opening and the closing of a single bar?

4. On modify/delete order for SL and PT, there is a field called "Level". What is this? what is it for?

5. Does anyone know about a good broker who is using MetaTrader4? Is this version still beta or being used in realtime? What do you think about this software being used in real trade? any quirky issues?

Thanks

2) It's the time zone where the server (broker/demo) resides.

3) 00:00 server/chart time

5) InterbankFX is quite popular. MT4 is release but still has version-0 (4.0) quirks. See this forum (releases about the latest builds). I would probably use it for manual trading, but not for unattended auto trades. Most of these quirks seem to be related to auto trading via experts (some may or may not occur through manual trading). If you want a MT broker with a rock solid version, try FXDD, they still offer MT3. MT4 is announced there but willl probably still take weeks or months to implement. Other MT4 brokers are www.neurex.ch, www.migfx.ch, www.alpari.com. (I myself am with FXDD but I know a couple of people with InterbankFX).

Markus

Markus

2. local time
4. try change and see on the button below
Reason: