Not able to login with MT4

Hi,
I just upgraded from MT3 to MT4. But not able to log-in (open a demo account).
I am behind a firewall. But I double checked with the system administrator that port 443 & port 1950 both are open.
any help is highly appriciated.
Regards,
Mazhar Ali

ask your broker

ask your broker

I tried with Alpari, Interbankfx, Strategybuilder demo account.
all of them is not working through my company LAN.
But it works through Dialup connection.
Can any one tell me what other things should I check to log in from behind a firewall. (other than port 443).
Thanks
Mazhar Ali

if your company lan has proxy server then You need to check your terminal settings. main menu - Tools - Options - Server tab. ask your network administrator for details

Hi,
I already tried that.
Can you tell me what changes have to be made by the system administrator (other than enabling 443 Port).
Regards.
Mazhar Ali

sorry. i don't know your proxy settings. Tools - Options - Server tab - check Enable proxy server - push Proxy... button and ask your network administrator about your proxy settings

Hi,
Can someone tell me what changes have to be done at the Firewall Or Local area network level to access the MT4 server. Other than enabling 443 port.
Regards,
Mazhar Ali

Hi,
I already tried that.
Can you tell me what changes have to be made by the system administrator (other than enabling 443 Port).
Regards.
Mazhar Ali

Go to the Internet Explorer then Tools -> Internet Options -> Conections -> LAN Settings and copy the data from the poxy settings to the MT4 -> Tools -> Options -> Server tab

check Enable proxy server

I tried it & its not working. Can you tell me what changes have to be made by Our system Administrator at his end to support the MT4 log in.
Regards,
Mazhar Ali

I tried it & its not working. Can you tell me what changes have to be made by Our system Administrator at his end to support the MT4 log in.
Regards,
Mazhar Ali

u using firewalls like norton or somthing else can go crasy if yes u might have to give permision or look in the firewall tools

jannik
Reason: