overlap import

hello,

I would like to "expand" the historical data by the "import" feature but i wanna to clarify some points before doing so:

1. if there's some "overlapping" periods in the current data and the file to import , will it produce error ? or which part will be covered ?

e.g.
current history : July 2005 to present
file to import : Feb 2005 to Aug 2005

so, how would MetaTrader 4 due with the overlapping part (July to Aug 2005) ?

2. another question about "editing" the current history , e.g. adjusting the daily high/low of important tops or bottoms , would the server "update" it later (i.e. changes the values back to the those matched in server) ?

basically these 2 questions rise from the fact that i don't know the mechanism of data feeding and updating from server ....

could any expert give some help ??

thx a lot

Tommy

slawa, could u please give a brief answer ?

Point 1 you can do yourself with little effort. Just import the same data twice - you'll see no errors and one overwrites the other.

Same for point 2. Manually change a recent bar with some value. You'll notice, from memory, that it won't get overwritten unless a chart refresh is invoked. I think you'll find a chart refresh is carried out upon opening MT4 though the extent of the refresh I don't know - it certainly isn't many bars

Martin

thanks

the extent of refresh is a problem ... as we can't "guess" how much data would be rewritten, so that "editing" is difficult
Reason: