Running MT4 on Linux using Wine

Dear All,

I'm trying to install MT4 on Debian 11.7 using Wine. I'm following the instructions given on this page, but I'm receiving an error message about the wrong Windows version ("Upgrade to Windows 10 or later".

The Windows version set in Wine config is 10, but no effect, re-login to the system doesn't help either.

Any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks in advance

Install on Linux - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
Install on Linux - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
The terminal runs on Linux using Wine. Wine is a free compatibility layer that allows application software developed for Microsoft Windows to run...
Files:
3.PNG  9 kb
2.PNG  15 kb

redduck:

Dear All,

I'm trying to install MT4 on Debian 11.7 using Wine. I'm following the instructions given on this page, but I'm receiving an error message about the wrong Windows version ("Upgrade to Windows 10 or later".

The Windows version set in Wine config is 10, but no effect, re-login to the system doesn't help either.

Any suggestions how to fix it? Thanks in advance

VM if you want all the features, wine if you feel like you're ready to trick it at every update.

Good luck 👍

Icham Aidibe #:

VM if you want all the features, wine if you feel like you're ready to trick it at every update.

Good luck 👍

But could you run it on wine? Any solution appreciated

I just realized, that all my MT4 accounts and EAs were killed because of this "nice" update.

I was running multiple EAs in MT4 for years under Wine. I hope you feel my pain with the new update and that a happy "good luck!" won't really help. So I really need to be able to run MT4 under wine.

I understand, that wine is outdated. But on the main page of Metatrader4.com the Linux version is officially offered and I would expect commitment from the team offering support.

Dear MQL-Team, please advise what to do with the error requiring Windows 10.

Thank you very much!

A work around:

- Install MT4 inside virtual box or on a real Windows computer.

- Copy the terminal.exe to Linux and run it with wine.

Works in my case at least.

@redduck

Reason: