Copy Trading - Question

Hi everyone.

I want to use a Trade Copier to copy trades from my main account to my 2 prop firm accounts. However the Prop firms both say they don't allow copy trading. Is there a way to copy trades in a way not to make it obvious to the Prop Firms?

I look forward to the responses.

Regards

jimmypaulI want to use a Trade Copier to copy trades from my main account to my 2 prop firm accounts. However the Prop firms both say they don't allow copy trading. Is there a way to copy trades in a way not to make it obvious to the Prop Firms?
If it is against the prop firm rules, then don't do it. They will eventually notice because of the nature of the activity.

jimmypaul:

Hi everyone.

I want to use a Trade Copier to copy trades from my main account to my 2 prop firm accounts. However the Prop firms both say they don't allow copy trading. Is there a way to copy trades in a way not to make it obvious to the Prop Firms?

I look forward to the responses.

Regards

It depends, some prop firms say that they don't allow copy trading but you can still copy your trades from some other account to theirs and some don't allow automated trading or the use of expert advisors at all in their trading accounts.

You can ask them or try and see if it will work.

In any case you will be going against their rules.

Fernando Carreiro #:
If it is against the prop firm rules, then don't do it. They will eventually notice because of the nature of the activity.

I am not breaking any rules, as the trades are mine. They allow copying your own trades but only if the main account is theirs. Just trying to save time. These are manual trades, no EA is involved. Hope its clearer? Just thought to clarify. In a fast moving market price moves can make it difficult to place the trades manually in more than one account. 

Eleni Anna Branou #:

It depends, some prop firms say that they don't allow copy trading but you can still copy your trades from some other account to theirs and some don't allow automated trading or the use of expert advisors at all in their trading accounts.

You can ask them or try and see if it will work.

In any case you will be going against their rules.

Thanks. Do you know if in MT4 there is a code for copied trades or manual trades? Just asking.

jimmypaul #:

Thanks. Do you know if in MT4 there is a code for copied trades or manual trades? Just asking.

EA trades are identified if you hover with your mouse over the trade ID in your Terminal/Toolbox window, you will see a message: Placed by expert, Expert ID ...

In manual trades the same hovering gives this mesaage: Placed manually.

Reason: