Cloud Network "history downloading stopped due to timeout" error

When attempting to test an EA on the Cloud Network, I find that some pairs' data have downloaded and synchronised without any problems and then when the EA gets to certain pairs, it gets stuck at a certain percentage completion until it times out. To further narrow down the problem, I switched off all local agents and the local network farm and only enabled the Cloud Network. 

In the attachment, EURJPY/GBPJPY synchronised (the first pairs) and were ready to go, but the AUDJPY download timed out as did the USDCAD download. I stopped the optimization as it was pointless to try and run it without the data downloaded. There would have been 7-8 pairs' data required prior to the commencement of the optimization. It would make more sense if all the downloads failed but what confuses me is that it's just some of them. The download would start from 2008, at which point I would assume that if MQL5 has GBPJPY data, it's very likely that they also have AUDJPY and USDCAD in that range. 

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Some broker's demo account are very slow to update with historical data. This may be the cause.

Try running the tests from a real account which usually also provides more historical data than demo accounts.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Some broker's demo account are very slow to update with historical data. This may be the cause.

Try running the tests from a real account which usually also provides more historical data than demo accounts.

I have been trying to do this from a MetaQuotes demo account with all local agents switched off. My understanding was that all agents in the Cloud Network use MetaQuotes's data since it would be necessary to use the same dataset for all pairs in order for optimisations to be accurate across different agents. What seemed to further validate this is that one of my EAs which uses volume data always returned 0 values for the volume-based indicator, which I later found out was because MetaQuotes's 1m bars only contains OHLC and spread values but no volume data. Is my understanding incorrect?

Secondly, I'm a little confused as to when MetaQuotes's data is downloaded vs when the broker's data is downloaded when not using custom symbols. My understanding was that MetaQuotes's data is used either when optimising in the Cloud or when using a MetaQuotes demo account, and broker-specific data is used when optimising locally on a non-MetaQuotes account. 

Peat Walker #:

I have been trying to do this from a MetaQuotes demo account with all local agents switched off. My understanding was that all agents in the Cloud Network use MetaQuotes's data since it would be necessary to use the same dataset for all pairs in order for optimisations to be accurate across different agents. What seemed to further validate this is that one of my EAs which uses volume data always returned 0 values for the volume-based indicator, which I later found out was because MetaQuotes's 1m bars only contains OHLC and spread values but no volume data. Is my understanding incorrect?

Secondly, I'm a little confused as to when MetaQuotes's data is downloaded vs when the broker's data is downloaded when not using custom symbols. My understanding was that MetaQuotes's data is used either when optimising in the Cloud or when using a MetaQuotes demo account, and broker-specific data is used when optimising locally on a non-MetaQuotes account. 

No! The Cloud agents use the data from the broker's trade servers that you use and specifiy, not MetaQuotes data.

MetaQuotes demo servers are for introductory testing purposes only and push out beta test builds of MetaTrader, MetaEditor and MetaTester.

If you don't want to be beta tester, then don't use or connect to MetaQuotes demo trade servers.

Do your testing with the broker trade sever that you intend to use and optimise for, not Metaquotes demo trade servers.

Reason: