MQL5 MetaQuotes Language Editor not working -- Mac M2 chip

Hi, MT5 is working so far, but every time I want to access MetaQuotes Language Editor it freezes. 

I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't make a change. Earlier today I was able to open MetaQuotes Language Editor, but after 2-3 times it just freezes and won't even open. 

I since reinstalled but that's not helping either. How can I get this to work on my MBP M2 chip?

I am having the same problem!

Enrique Folte:

Hi, MT5 is working so far, but every time I want to access MetaQuotes Language Editor it freezes. 

I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't make a change. Earlier today I was able to open MetaQuotes Language Editor, but after 2-3 times it just freezes and won't even open. 

I since reinstalled but that's not helping either. How can I get this to work on my MBP M2 chip?

I recommend using Parallels Desktop. That‘s how I use it on my M1 chip and it works perfectly.

Daniel Stein #:

I recommend using Parallels Desktop. That‘s how I use it on my M1 chip and it works perfectly.

Parallels Desktop is running a full Windows inside MacOS ?

So you don't have this issue https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/446414 ?

Alain Verleyen #:

Parallels Desktop is running a full Windows inside MacOS ?

So you don't have this issue https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/446414 ?

Yes, Parallels Desktop is a "hosting" software that runs Windows 11 in a virtual machine on my Mac. 

The main benefit is that it provides a 100% Windows environment for applications that are designed for Windows, like MetaTrader and its Editor.

It works seamless, so the applications behave as they've been directly installed on macOS.

In my opinion, there is no better solution to run Windows applications on Macs.

Daniel Stein #:

Yes, Parallels Desktop is a "hosting" software that runs Windows 11 in a virtual machine on my Mac. 

The main benefit is that it provides a 100% Windows environment for applications that are designed for Windows, like MetaTrader and its Editor.

It works seamless, so the applications behave as they've been directly installed on macOS.

In my opinion, there is no better solution to run Windows applications on Macs.

Very good, because I am using the Mac package from MetaQuotes, which is using Crossover (based on Wine), and while it works correctly, there are a lot of features which are not working well or like under Windows. So it's pretty annoying.

So you need to pay for a Windows 11 licence right ?

Is Parallels Desktop a paid or free software ?

What about the resources needed, Isn't taking too much Hard drive space, CPU and RAM ?

Alain Verleyen #:

Very good, because I am using the Mac package from MetaQuotes, which is using Crossover (based on Wine), and while it works correctly, there are a lot of features which are not working well or like under Windows. So it's pretty annoying.

Yes, I know that from past forum threads about MetaTrader on Wine. And the design is awful, too.

My priority is having a stable environment to avoid wrong trade executions or hunting coding bugs that are related to the mediocre emulation.

Hence, I used a native Windows environment to run my MetaTrader and MetaEditor.

So you need to pay for a Windows 11 licence right ?

Is Parallels Desktop a paid or free software ?

Parallels can be tested for free, and can then be bought as a life-time license, without an upgrade option, or as a yearly subscription including all future upgrades.

I started with the lifetime license in 2021, and switched recently to the subscription to benefit from the latest upgrades and product developments for the Apple M processors.

Sometimes there is a discount or promo action available where you can save a few bucks, but in general, this software is worth every penny, regardless of what you paid.

What about the resources needed, Isn't taking too much Hard drive space, CPU and RAM ?

No, absolutely not. You can also decide in the settings how much of your Mac resources you like to share with your virtual Windows machine.

Clarification before any questions arise: I'm in no way related to the company behind Parallels Desktop. Hence, I post no links. 

But it's a great solution for every MetaTrader user that wants a stable trading environment on his macOS. So, it's worth mentioning. 

I hope this helps all Mac users out there.

Best regards

Daniel

Reason: