Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4

I found this article on your website. Is there any chance to change limits? Trading is permitted for the symbol under test only - you wrote. This is not good. I'd like to use not only other symbols but charts of other currency crosses. This is important for good strategies! Charts are magnificent help in strategies because I can easy draw objects on them and then read values from them in programs. This is great feature also for using in Strategy Tester, so it would be good to have possibility for full use of them. I think MQL should allow handling of every open chart and every available symbol from one expert or indicator. Is this possible?

Regards

Rafael

You can use any symbols and crosses. You can calculate indicators on any symbols. You must use for trading operations tested symbol only

That sounds good:)
What about charts? From MQL I can use only windows in the chart. What about other charts. In STester I have only virtual chart. This means that everything I have to draw from within expert. That is difficult. Any hints?

Thanks in advance

R

there is Open Chart button on the tester settings tab

there is Open Chart button on the tester settings tab

This button opens virtual chart from STester. How to handle charts with MQL within expert?

i don't understand your problem. why do you need for other charts?

...because of objects drawing on other charts

but this is not very important
If I can use indicators and others for other crosses within expert, this will be fine

Thanks for the answers

repeate once more. You can use indicators for other symbols and crosses of any timeframes. but these symbols/timeframes must be provided by your server
Reason: