Request to moderators: Please prohibit “ChatGPT” help requests on the forum.

Please add a forum rule prohibiting requests for help with ChatGPT code. We cannot help them and it is becoming an epidemic.

Such threads should be deleted and a PM sent to the OP, with a boilerplate template message informing them of the rule and few thread links for beginner coders. to read.

I understand your point, however that's not that easy.

First of all it's not always obvious to detect it's ChatGPT code, secondly it's time consuming to send PM each message.

We are waiting you as moderator to help ;-)

Alain Verleyen #: I understand your point, however that's not that easy. First of all it's not always obvious to detect it's ChatGPT code, secondly it's time consuming to send PM each message. We are waiting you as moderator to help ;-)

Ok, I will accept, but can we not delete the thread after it has been confirmed so that it does litter the forum?

There is so much junk threads on this forum. It requires some clean-up. I don't mind helping out if all moderators agree with that.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Ok, I will accept, but can we not delete the thread after it has been confirmed so that it does litter the forum?

There is so much junk threads on this forum. It requires some clean-up. I don't mind helping out if all moderators agree with that.

Yes we can delete thread after it's confirmed. But sometimes there are already 3, 4, 5 answers...and people don't like their post to be removed when they invest their time.

I agree with Alain on this point. Even if they are annoying for some of us, we can't make it a ban. For the time being my advice is to simply ignore them and not even answer the "You won't get help from ChatGPT code here...it's useless, etc". 

If later on these topics don't get any participation, then we could take them as for example "offtopics" and delete them.

Also now that MetaEditor incorporates Copilot I don't think MetaQuotes would agree to make AIs a taboo on the forum. (Partly one thing would lead to the other).

Ok, understood!

I will ignore any posts that look like it, especially the ones about unbalanced parenthesis, which is a clear sign that the user has no clue about the basics of MQL code.

Reason: