Unable to load DLL. - page 2

Slawa,

I tried putting that .dll file in almost every folder and didn't have any luck, including experts/libraries/

Any other ideas?

- Vooch

2005.08.04 02:16:19 mysql-example GBPUSD,M1: cannot load library 'mtq.dll'

only one idea - send me expert, mqh and dll for investigation

i've downloaded it and will check it right now

cannot find libmysql.dll (dependency walker says mtq.dll uses this library)

I think Slawa might be onto something here.

A little bit of investigation suggests libmysql.dll is a part of a PHP install.

Mage: you don't have PHP installed on the boxen that this works on and the other machine doesn't have PHP?

Martin

Edit: though I'm having a touch of trouble finding that pesky DLL to test. Supposedly in Windows PHP installs but doesn't appear that way. If anyone has a download link to the file within www.mysql.com please let me know.

Doh so silly yeah...I forgot they link against libmysql. (though i had static linking on at that point.)

It is included with the windows installer. When you install it will be in the bin directory wherever you installed mysql to.

hehehe i have mySQL installed on a linux boxen under my bench. That won't do. Will see if there's a zip d/l at www.mysql.com that I can rip and register

So I presume it's all working now then ? Keep us updated on progress, whatever you make will be interesting and generate better ideas .....

Martin

My original goal was to compile against mysqlclient.lib so you wouldn't need it.

I have now two downloads, one that requires libmysql.dll (for people who have installed mysql on the system they use MT on), and one that does not require it.

http://s95010189.onlinehome.us/mt/mtq/

This code is still pretty early. However if you wish to only INSERT into a Mysql database, it works fine for now. Since the current return values are only integers based on success, you cannot use it for a SELECT.

Good luck everyone.

I think I figure out this mess. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would it be due to the fact that MetaTrader just won't allow libraries to be loaded that's referencing other libraries? I mean, you have your base library that your developing for your own custom routines, but somehow your referencing other third party libraries into your base library that MetaTrader is detecting, or couldn't figure out how to find them.

I've been working on a project that involves the integration of a library component into MetaTrader and this seem's to be a major issue.

You need to reference / or put the library files of your referencing component's such as your mysql.dll files into system32 and #import those files plus your base file in your MetaTrader Expert. I just tried this with the project I'm working on, it seemed to work.
Reason: