Help me, XAUUSD spread in MT4 strategy tester

Hi to all! I have a great problem with XAUUSD spread on MT4... could you help me please?

If I have for example, on MT4, XAUUSD at 1800.00/1800.20, the broker spread is 20 pips.

But I was told that spread in MT4 strategy tester is in  points. So the question is: if, for XAUUSD, I have 20 pips of spread (as in the example), in the strategy tester I have to choose 200?

Thanks a lot in avance!

Alessio

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

ecoalessio: If I have for example, on MT4, XAUUSD at 1800.00/1800.20, the broker spread is 20 pips.

That is a spread of twenty (20) points. Point is 0.01 in that case.

The term PIP only applies to currencies, not Gold.

PIP, Point, or Tick are all different in general.
          Ticks, PIPs or points in the GUI. Make up your mind. - MQL4 programming forum #1 (2014)

William Roeder #The term PIP only applies to currencies, not Gold.

Actually it is applicable to any value with several decimal digits since PIP simply stands for "Point In Percentage".

I understand what you are saying. Normally it is only applicable to forex, but we should not make the mistake that it is only valid for forex.

1 PIP = 10 points (from any symbol with decimals).

PIP became fashionable when we went from 4 to 5 digits (2007?) in forex in order to shorten the price and calculations. But as I say there is no written rule that says that PIP is only applicable to forex.

Reason: