CID (computer ID) of MT4 and EA/Indicator/Scripts

Hi all,

Anybody knows about CID in MT4 operation ?

Any different between CID in MT4-directly installed and MT4-portable folder?

EA/Indicators/Scripts have private CID? If 2 trader use the same EA/Indicator/Script, can broker know that.

Nguyen Van Hung: Anybody knows about CID in MT4 operation ? Any different between CID in MT4-directly installed and MT4-portable folder? EA/Indicators/Scripts have private CID? If 2 trader use the same EA/Indicator/Script, can broker know that.

Please explain where in any MetaTrader documentation do you see any mention of a CID?

What is it you are trying to achieve and why is CID relevant?

Thanks,

I manage some accounts using the same EA/Indicator/Script but on different devices (vps,pc) and broker said they found those accounts have the same CID.

I don't install MT4s from setup file but install once and then copy the whole folder to other devices.

if CID is based on devices ,I think there's some CID that based on each EA/Indicator/Script

Nguyen Van Hung #: I manage some accounts using the same EA/Indicator/Script but on different devices (vps,pc) and broker said they found those accounts have the same CID. I don't install MT4s from setup file but install once and then copy the whole folder to other devices. if CID is based on devices ,I think there's some CID that based on each EA/Indicator/Script

Your broker seems suspect.

You can use up to 32 MetaTrader terminals on the same computer (more if you use different user sessions), be it in separate installations of as manual portable mode.

This is completely valid and would mean all the terminals would have the same computer ID.

Not even MetaQuotes mentions anything about a CID in their documentation, so your broker's complaint seems suspect.

Nguyen Van Hung #:

Thanks,

I manage some accounts using the same EA/Indicator/Script but on different devices (vps,pc) and broker said they found those accounts have the same CID.

I don't install MT4s from setup file but install once and then copy the whole folder to other devices.

if CID is based on devices ,I think there's some CID that based on each EA/Indicator/Script

A broker isn't supposed to know anything about the computer your are using.

Could you please show what the broker said exactly ? In private if you prefer.

Alain Verleyen #:

A broker isn't supposed to know anything about the computer your are using.

Could you please show what the broker said exactly ? In private if you prefer.

Thanks

Here is the evidence that broker gave me. They said "  The device that you are using was used by several other users which is considered as account management"

I'm sorry for hiding the broker's name.

The true is that I didn't login other's accounts on my devices. The same CID if existed may come from MT4-portable or same EA/Indicator

Hey Nguyen, can you send me a private message.  I'm having the same problem with a prop firm accusing me of using management services.  Claiming my CID was found in two other customer's trades.  This is impossible because I am the only one who uses my computer and trades with it.

Alex V #:
Hey Nguyen, can you send me a private message.  I'm having the same problem with a prop firm accusing me of using management services.  Claiming my CID was found in two other customer's trades.  This is impossible because I am the only one who uses my computer and trades with it.
Hi Alex, I've faced the same problem. My broker sent me a warning that I have the same CID with other traders, I am only using my account. Can you give me insight on how you solved the situation with your broker? 
Reason: