Help with tick history issue?

Hey,

So currently I have been testing my EA on multiple currencies using the strategy tester. I also export data for each pair manually using the excel output function to store specific data.Build model 3550

I noticed that this creates agents in the Tester\ path, such as agent 1, agen 2 ....,

And in these agent folders the excel is created. However when I run the EA again(so different indicator parameters) the agents arn't resset, as in I don't get the new excels.

For this I just delete all the agent files and the cache in the Tester\cache folder.  But I leave the base folder alone(as it seems to contain tick data) that is made with the agent folders during strategy tester run.

This however when I run the ea, it downloads the historical data again, so another 10 gigs or so, as im using real tick data.

Is there a way for the EA to use the historical data once (2015-2017 and 2017-2019 as an example), as now I am deleting and downloading over and over again. Which I recently got this error too "ticks synchronized already" while the other pairs get " ticks synchronization [14640 Kb]

and it just stops and the tester doesnt progress anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas on having the strategy tester use already downloaded ticks once?

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

dsadsa322:

Hey,

So currently I have been testing my EA on multiple currencies using the strategy tester. I also export data for each pair manually using the excel output function to store specific data.Build model 3550

I noticed that this creates agents in the Tester\ path, such as agent 1, agen 2 ....,

And in these agent folders the excel is created. However when I run the EA again(so different indicator parameters) the agents arn't resset, as in I don't get the new excels.

For this I just delete all the agent files and the cache in the Tester\cache folder.  But I leave the base folder alone(as it seems to contain tick data) that is made with the agent folders during strategy tester run.

This however when I run the ea, it downloads the historical data again, so another 10 gigs or so, as im using real tick data.

Is there a way for the EA to use the historical data once (2015-2017 and 2017-2019 as an example), as now I am deleting and downloading over and over again. Which I recently got this error too "ticks synchronized already" while the other pairs get " ticks synchronization [14640 Kb]

and it just stops and the tester doesnt progress anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas on having the strategy tester use already downloaded ticks once?

It's really not clear. You have a problem so you created an other one by deleting files ?

What is you real issue with Excel files ? By the way, what is "excel output function" ? Do you mean CSV files or something else ?

Reason: