v177 doesn't compile MQ4 on start-up

As per the subject, this new v177 doesn't compile MQ4 on start-up.

I wish you guys could incorporate some changelog as I've been bleating about on a number of threads. You pop up a LiveUpdate and no-one knows what we're getting ourselves in for. I think most people would prefer to see the standard practise of the LiveUpdate indicating a list of what's changed prior to clicking the 'Update' button.

Cheers
Martin

we did not change compiler version about 10 builds therefore compiling on startup not launched

lol.. v177 did not liveupdate for me.. i had to go and get it off the site! :(

lol.. v177 did not liveupdate for me.. i had to go and get it off the site! :(

download manually and install onto existing version

lol, yes, that is what i did.. thx

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

some japanese haiku. and another preferred one

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

we did not change compiler version about 10 builds therefore compiling on startup not launched

I don't think I've ever seen that mentioned anywhere.

I presume you intend to make it an option setting though ? If not, why not ? I for one, would prefer the action of expert compilation upon terminal start-up.

compiling when startup:
1. mqlcache.dat file is absent
2. new mq4 file that not present in the mqlcache.dat
3. mq4 file is newer than appropriate ex4
4. ex4 file was compiled by compiler with different compiler version (do not mix with build version!)

ok if it compiles on startup or whenever but PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE SETTINGS OF RUNNING EXPERTS TO DEFAULT. This will be the death of me!

it should be no problem. try to remove some attached ex4 then start client terminal and check loaded from chart settings parameters
Reason: