Including Indicators with a published EA

I'm writing an EA that I plan to publish. This EA includes my own versions with modifications of some indicators in the Indicators\Examples folder, including three that are not in this folder - SuperTrend, TSI and Keltner Channels. All the code is my own but the algorithm used is the same. Do I need permission from the original authors of the indicators to include these in my own EA? 

Thank you.

robnorthen:I'm writing an EA that I plan to publish. This EA includes my own versions with modifications of some indicators in the Indicators\Examples folder, including three that are not in this folder - SuperTrend, TSI and Keltner Channels. All the code is my own but the algorithm used is the same. Do I need permission from the original authors of the indicators to include these in my own EA? 

All Market products cannot depend on external indicators. All required indicators need to be included in the product as a resource.

This means that you can only include indicators totally coded by you or with permission by the original author if the code is mostly not your own.

If you have totally recoded it yourself without any original code by the author, then as long as the "logic" is public domain and not proprietary, then you don't need permission.

However, if the indicator code is mostly not your own, then you should request permission. Most code out there is open source, but you should always check with the author to see if commercial use is allowed or not. Some only allow free use but not commercial use, while others are completely free to use as you please.

Fernando Carreiro #:

All Market products cannot depend on external indicators. All required indicators need to be included in the product as a resource.

This means that you can only include indicators totally coded by you or with permission by the original author if the code is mostly not your own.

If you have totally recoded it yourself without any original code by the author, then as long as the "logic" is public domain and not proprietary, then you don't need permission.

However, if the indicator code is mostly not your own, then you should request permission. Most code out there is open source, but you should always check with the author to see if commercial use is allowed or not. Some only allow free use but not commercial use, while others are completely free to use as you please.

Thank you Fernando.

robnorthen #: Thank you Fernando.
You are welcome.
Reason: