Dukascopy historical data for mt5?

Hi I was wondering if Dukascopy historical data works for mt5 and is it for every tick based on real ticks? 

Also if so what are the steps to download these bars and ticks? I tried tickstory but it was missing custom timeframes

To download the ticks do I download "Candlestick: 1 Tick" ?

and to download the bars I download "Candlestick: 12 Hour" from date to date ?

https://www.dukascopy.com/trading-tools/widgets/quotes/historical_data_feed

Thanks

And William Rhoder please do not reply, thanks. 

Historical Data Export :: Dukascopy Trading Tools
  • www.dukascopy.com
Free Historical Data Export web widget for downloading quotes and trading volumes of currency pairs, commodity and stock CFDs with periods from ticks to months.

sarahfoxwell:Hi I was wondering if Dukascopy historical data works for mt5 and is it for every tick based on real ticks? Also if so what are the steps to download these bars and ticks? I tried tickstory but it was missing custom timeframes. To download the ticks do I download "Candlestick: 1 Tick" ? and to download the bars I download "Candlestick: 12 Hour" from date to date ?
  • Yes, it can be used for MT5
  • Yes, it is real tick data
  • You only need import M1 Bar data and the tick data. The rest of the time-frames are generated by MT5.
  • As for the use of TickStory, that is a 3rd party tool, so you should discuss the issue on their forum to obtain instructions of how to use it for downloading Dukascopy data and for generating data for importing into MT5.

Fernando Carreiro #:
  • Yes, it is real tick data
  • You only need import M1 Bar data and the tick data. The rest of the time-frames are generated by MT5.
  • As for the use of TickStory, that is a 3rd party tool, so you should discuss the issue on their forum to obtain instructions of how to use it for downloading Dukascopy data and for generating data for importing into MT5.

thanks for the help 

sarahfoxwell #:thanks for the help 
You are welcome!

Fernando Carreiro #:
You are welcome!

M1 is 1 minute candles? Thanks

Also it says on https://www.dukascopy.com/trading-tools/widgets/quotes/historical_data_feed that they only have 1M data for only 3 years back.. thus only to 2020... I wanted to test back to 2007 

Also for the ticks there is only one option for the date so I just download candlestick: 1 ticks and it just says "date" so I chose 2007? The from date and to date labels have been removed it just says "date" so I chose 2007 for ticks but for the bars I chose a from date and a to date? Is that correct?  There are no instructions.. Thanks

Historical Data Export :: Dukascopy Trading Tools
  • www.dukascopy.com
Free Historical Data Export web widget for downloading quotes and trading volumes of currency pairs, commodity and stock CFDs with periods from ticks to months.

sarahfoxwell #: M1 is 1 minute candles? Thanks Also it says on https://www.dukascopy.com/trading-tools/widgets/quotes/historical_data_feed that they only have 1M data for only 3 years back.. thus only to 2020... I wanted to test back to 2007 Also for the ticks there is only one option for the date so I just download candlestick: 1 ticks and it just says "date" so I chose 2007? The from date and to date labels have been removed it just says "date" so I chose 2007 for ticks but for the bars I chose a from date and a to date? Is that correct?  There are no instructions.. Thanks

That is just the website widget. Separate binary data is available, which is what TickStory downloads. Please place your question in the TickStory forum, not here.

Fernando Carreiro #:

That is just the website widget. Separate binary data is available, which is what TickStory downloads. Please place your question in the TickStory forum, not here.

I am not asking about tickstory I am asking about Dukascopy, I am confused what you are talking about. I downloaded it from that website from Dukascopy. What separate binary data? 

https://www.dukascopy.com/plugins/fxMarketWatch/?historical_data

sarahfoxwell #: I am not asking about tickstory I am asking about Dukascopy, I am confused what you are talking about. I downloaded it from that website from Dukascopy. What separate binary data?

The data available via the website widget is limited in scope.

To get the more complete data, you have to use their compressed binary historical data archive, which is only accessible programmatically.

Either you code your own program to download, uncompress and process the data yourself, or you use a 3rd party tool like TickStory to do it for you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The data available via the website widget is limited in scope.

To get the more complete data, you have to use their compressed binary historical data archive, which is only accessible programmatically.

Either you code your own program to download, uncompress and process the data yourself, or you use a 3rd party tool like TickStory to do it for you.

Ah thanks for the information and reply, that makes more sense. I will just go with your advice to download the M1 (1 minute data) from tickstory and then just select 6 hour candles for the Mt5 every tick based on real ticks test as you said I can do that I think.

Thanks

sarahfoxwell #:Ah thanks for the information and reply, that makes more sense. I will just go with your advice to download the M1 (1 minute data) from tickstory and then just select 6 hour candles for the Mt5 evert tick based on real ticks test as you said I can do that I think.
If you only import M1 data, then you will not be able to test with real tick data. You will have to import real tick data too.

Fernando Carreiro #:
If you only import M1 data, then you will not be able to test with real tick data. You will have to import real tick data too.

I am confused I created a custom symbol in MT5 with the M1 choice using the(M1 bars) and ticks, this means I can't test on the 6 hour time frame in the strategy tester with every tick based on real ticks? Thanks

Above you said :

• Yes, it is real tick data
  • As for the use of TickStory, that is a 3rd party tool, so you should discuss the issue on their forum to obtain instructions of how to use it for downloading Dukascopy data and for generating data for importing into MT5.

So I am confused lol, perhaps because I didn't mention that I downloaded the m1 bars from tickstory, and the ticks from tickstory as well. I selected the ticker EURUSD in tickstory, then right clicked, export to MT5 -> bars, I also repeated the process for ticks, then I used both the bars and ticks to create the custom symbol in mt5. 

Reason: