int start{
double macd0 = iMACD(NULL,Period(),12,optimize,9,PRICE_TYPICAL,MODE_SIGNAL,0);
}

It should be something like this:

extern optimize;

int start{
double macd0 = iMACD(NULL,Period(),12,optimize,9,PRICE_TYPICAL,MODE_SIGNAL,0);
}

HEHEHE i have to modify in the in current macd sample? im so bad to programing ill try it out and see if i can figure it out thanks for your help :-)

Just wonder what is the limitation on the number of input parameters that you can optimize. I was running an optimaztion on 8 extern variables, and after 30 minutes, I had to end its task and restart my computer!

ooopps...

It should be:

extern int optimize;

NOT extern optimize;

FrankC,

I think you've only got to think about the number of passes as well as the timeframe for the passes to give you an idea on the amount of time and resources MT4 is going to have to go through.

8 extern variables by number of steps by timeframe of each pass - pretty big job.

Martin

vooch can you give an example where to put it on the current macd samle damn i have to learn programming
:-) thanks anyway

> 8 extern variables by number of steps by timeframe of each pass - pretty big job

I tried doing 7 extern variables last night while I slept.

Unfortunately, it didn't complete the job because I got 6 hours of sleep instead of the required 59,699 hours needed to do the job. And, it was on formula #332 of 2,772,000 possibilities.

Maybe that's what Rip Van Winkle was doing when he went to sleep for 20 years.

lol

I think I have to reduce the number of optimized parameters to perhaps no more than 3 extern parameter. And also take Martin's advise to pay attention to number of passes and its timeframe.
Reason: