Reporting problems with MQL5 Storage - page 3

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #: I can confirm that I use it daily without any problems. A couple of years ago I did have problems like Fernando describes, but I solved it by "Revert Changes". Normally this happened if I renamed, delete or moved files from the explorer. Since I do all this (rename, move, delete, etc) from the MetaEditor I have managed to get it to work fine. It is important to "Commit to Storage" in every change, no matter how small it is.

Sometimes, it is not viable to commit immediately. A customer may be doing beta-testing on the code while I am updating it with corrections, but I don't commit it immediately and only do so after they have fully tested that version.

However in this case, it was not a question of it being slightly out of sync, but that there were missing files that had already been committed and received by the customer but were now missing from the online repo. Permissions had also been changed.

This was not the case for just for one project, but for 3 different projects with 3 different customers, where my copy and the customer's copy (which was received via the system), were both more up-to-date than was reported by the online version, which does not make sense.

However, this issue is not very critical to me, because only a small number of my customers are able to work with MQL5 Storage. The rest can't understand how it works and prefer receiving the code via email.

So, don't trouble yourselves with it. I will find work-rounds for it.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Sometimes, it is not viable to commit immediately. A customer may be doing beta-testing on the code while I am updating it with corrections, but I don't commit it immediately and only do so after they have fully tested that version.

However in this case, it was not a question of it being slightly out of sync, but that there were missing files that had already been committed and received by the customer but were now missing from the online repo. Permissions had also been changed.

This was not the case for just for one project, but for 3 different projects with 3 different customers, where my copy and the customer's copy (which was received via the system), were both more up-to-date than was reported by the online version, which does not make sense.

However, this issue is not very critical to me, because only a small number of my customers are able to work with MQL5 Storage. The rest can't understand how it works and prefer receiving the code via email.

There is no need to commit immediately. Sometimes else is at play.

It's not a trouble because if it happens to you, it can happens to others, understanding the issue and fixing it is the best solution.

I will keep you posted if I get any news.

@Alain Verleyen #: There is no need to commit immediately. Sometimes else is at play. It's not a trouble because if it happens to you, it can happens to others, understanding the issue and fixing it is the best solution. I will keep you posted if I get any news.
I will send you the MetaEditor Journal log via PM, but I doubt it will be of much use.

Fernando Carreiro #:
I will send you the MetaEditor Journal log via PM, but I doubt it will be of much use.
If could help if you can say which commits were done on your side (they should appear in the log), but were later not available on the server. It will be easier for a developer to check concretely.

@Alain Verleyen #: If could help if you can say which commits were done on your side (they should appear in the log), but were later not available on the server. It will be easier for a developer to check concretely.

The log file only goes back as far as 14 February. I regularly delete older logs. You will not be able to see the commit for the missing files. So, I lack the evidence to show the problem.

I will have to keep track of things going forward, not deleting logs and keeping track of when issues occur, so that in the future I will have the necessary information to provide for developers to analyse.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The log file only goes back as far as 14 February. I regularly delete older logs. You will not be able to see the commit for the missing files. So, I lack the evidence to show the problem.

I will have to keep track of things going forward, not deleting logs and keeping track of when issues occur, so that in the future I will have the necessary information to provide for developers to analyse.

I see.

Thank you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Just a suggestion/alternative.

When I have had clients who didn't understand very well how MQL5 Storage works, I have used Google Drive. I know it is a very "primitive" solution, but valid (I would like to think that nowadays everybody knows how Google Drive works).

PS: From Tortoise SVN there is the "Update Depth" option that usually fixes all these update checksum discrepancy errors.

@Miguel Angel Vico Alba #: Just a suggestion/alternative. When I have had clients who didn't understand very well how MQL5 Storage works, I have used Google Drive. I know it is a very "primitive" solution, but valid (I would like to think that nowadays everybody knows how Google Drive works). PS: From Tortoise SVN there is the "Update Depth" option that usually fixes all these update checksum discrepancy errors.
  1. I have OneDrive which is always synced and I can share with them, but most just prefer the eMails with attached files. It is much simpler for them.
  2. I did not install Tortoise SVN, because I felt it unnecessary, but I will install it and have a look at the "Update Depth" then.

I found this in case it helps. It explains what I was saying about Tortoise SVN.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26529916/cannot-resolve-subversion-1-7-checksum-mismatch-error-on-update

Cannot resolve Subversion 1.7 checksum mismatch error on update
Cannot resolve Subversion 1.7 checksum mismatch error on update
  • Neil Steiner Neil Steiner 731 1 1 gold badge 7 7 silver badges 17 17 bronze badges
  • stackoverflow.com
My Subversion 1.7.17 working copy is unhappy with a particular file but is unable to update it. Any attempt to update gives me the same error, even if I delete the file or delete the directory: I have read through SVN - Checksum mismatch while...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL5 storage problems

MetaQuotes , 2023.04.01 20:36

Yes, the problem was confirmed - the cache of projects did not work correctly and some new projects disappeared from visibility.

Fixed today, you can use it.