Copy-Trading: Limit case in the rule of proportionality of lots. Will this trade open?

Hello everyone,

If the Signal Provider has a balance of $1000 and opens a trade with 0.01 lots, will a subscriber with a $500 balance open the trade?

I have looked for this question in the knowledge base and although it talks about batch proportionality, this borderline case, nothing is clear to me.

On the one hand, it is said that the number of lots that is opened in the subscriber's account will be proportional to its balance: In this case it cannot be proportional because there are no lots of 0.005

In this case on the subscriber's account will 0.01 lots be opened or nothing will be opened?

Thanks!

adenauer692:
Hello everyone,

If the Signal Provider has a balance of $1000 and opens a trade with 0.01 lots, will a subscriber with a $500 balance open the trade?

I have looked for this question in the knowledge base and although it talks about batch proportionality, this borderline case, nothing is clear to me.

On the one hand, it is said that the number of lots that is opened in the subscriber's account will be proportional to its balance: In this case it cannot be proportional because there are no lots of 0.005

In this case on the subscriber's account will 0.01 lots be opened or nothing will be opened?

Thanks!

Yes, the lot size is copied automatically and proportionally to your account's balance, levarage and currency, but in this case the minimum lot size will be copied and that is 0.01.

That's why you will have a higher risk and drawdown than the signal provider with that smaller balance.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Sí, el tamaño del lote se copia de forma automática y proporcional al saldo, el apalancamiento y la moneda de su cuenta, pero en este caso se copiará el tamaño mínimo del lote, que es 0,01.

Es por eso que tendrá un mayor riesgo y reducción que el proveedor de señales con ese saldo más pequeño.

Very good explanation! Thanks Eleni!

Reason: