Unknown Purchase - page 4

Fernando Carreiro #:

That is good to know! Your thread will also help others be more careful and attentive about such things.

The question remains though.  How did the seller get his account details and create a purchase?

For people to take precautions we need to know

Paul Anscombe #: The question remains though.  How did the seller get his account details and create a purchase? For people to take precautions we need to know

Given that only a couple of individual accounts were hacked, it is most probably a case of social hacking or a weak, insecure password by those users and not a website vulnerability.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Given that only a couple of individual accounts were hacked, it is most probably a case of social hacking or a weak, insecure password by those users and not a website vulnerability.

That would be valid if there is a system in place that caught the "hack" and de-barred the seller instantly .(meaning the seller was able to sell , did the dirty work , and the system automatically debarred him)

If however the seller was debarred prior to the purchase it is impossible . If i get your password and i'm debarred i still cannot make your account buy my product .

Your social hacking theory makes sense though given the region of the 2 users affected . The exploit used may be based on a regional online habit or something .  

Lorentzos Roussos #: That would be valid if there is a system in place that caught the "hack" and de-barred the seller instantly .(meaning the seller was able to sell , did the dirty work , and the system automatically debarred him). If however the seller was debarred prior to the purchase it is impossible . If i get your password and i'm debarred i still cannot make your account buy my product. Your social hacking theory makes sense though given the region of the 2 users affected . The exploit used may be based on a regional online habit or something.  
Unfortunately MetaQuotes has not provided any details and probably not even the moderators were informed of the specifics. So, at the moment all we can do is speculate.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Unfortunately MetaQuotes has not provided any details and probably not even the moderators were informed of the specifics. So, at the moment all we can do is speculate.

Well in these cases you do not announce it even if you find it .

At least the OP got his refund.

Paul Anscombe #:
The question remains though.  How did the seller get his account details and create a purchase?

Anyone can find your password or details. Make sure you have extra security. Also avoid logging in any computers on a public or Cafē. We are followed by many scammers. 

Lungile Mpofu #:
Anyone can find your password or details. Make sure you have extra security. Also avoid logging in any computers on a public or Cafē. We are followed by many scammers. 
Anybody can’t find my details. 😵‍💫

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Awesome . Kudos to the desk .

off-topic : why did you remove your review from the ea though ?

Oh... I didn't remove it. I just discovered it was removed.

Paul Anscombe #:

Same thing I'm asking.

But to be secured, enable 2 steps verification. 

Osazee Asikhemhen #:

Oh... I didn't remove it. I just discovered it was removed.

Thanks for clarifying . One more question if i may , and sorry for asking.

Did you download a demo of this ea at some point in the last week ?

Reason: