Pass number not showing on optimization results after close and reopen

Dear fellow traders,

after closing and reopening mt5 , pass number disappears from all my optimization result tabs as shown in the picture.

Any idea how i might resolve this  ?

Thank you very much for your support , wishing you all sort of great things for your future.

Elie G: Any idea how i might resolve this  ?
Don't close the terminal.

Elie G: Dear fellow traders, after closing and reopening mt5 , pass number disappears from all my optimization result tabs as shown in the picture. Any idea how i might resolve this  ? Thank you very much for your support , wishing you all sort of great things for your future.

The cached optimisations files, do not include the "pass #" because those results can and are reused during multiple optimisations. You can only see the pass # while MetaTrader is open because they are only saved in memory.

So, besides the obvious (which William has already pointed out), as a workaround you can export (before closing) your optimisation reports with pass # to read offline.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The cached optimisations files, do not include the "pass #" because those results can and are reused during multiple optimisations. You can only see the pass # while MetaTrader is open because they are only saved in memory.

So, besides the obvious (which William has already pointed out), as a workaround you can export (before closing) your optimisation reports with pass # to read offline.

Thank you Mr Roeder and Carreirro for the kind answer. Right now my workflow is the following. 
1. Launch optimisations of multiple bots on multiple tf and pairs via powershell. Mt5 is closed at the end of each optimization run
2. Print XML results at the end of each optimization including pass number 
3. Parse all results into paramètres filtering and display the filtered results on XML database
4. Choose manually set to Apply on each bot /pair/tf
5. Have mt5 print the corresponding .set via powershell and pass number
6. Open the mt5 live trade and add bot with corresponding .set

So if I hear you correctly , there is no way to automate stage 5 , is that correct ?
No workaround , nothing ?
The thing is , because I filter the results , they are not in the same order as in mt5 , thus I desperately need the pass number to find the correct results. 

I will check if I can perform stage 1 without closing mt5

Thank you again for your time and patience

You can generate the ".set" file yourself externally from MetaTrader.

Also, if the MQL code is your own, you can also collect the results (and manage the optimisations) by using the "Frames" functionality — Documentation on MQL5: Working with Optimization Results

Documentation on MQL5: Working with Optimization Results
Documentation on MQL5: Working with Optimization Results
  • www.mql5.com
Working with Optimization Results - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

I am indeed dumb. You solved my problem. Thank you so much

Elie G #: Sorry if I sound super dumb , I just want to understand you correctly. Do you mean using the optimization set file used for optimization run as template and then modifying it externally without opening mt5 ? 

No, you stated that you have MetaTrader generate a ".set" file for live trading with the EA. Is that not what you meant?

But for either case, whether it be a ".set" file for the EA to go live or a ".set" file for the Strategy Tester optimisations, both can be generated externally. They are just normal text files.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, you stated that you have MetaTrader generate a ".set" file for live trading with the EA. Is that not what you meant?

But for either case, whether it be a ".set" file for the EA to go live or a ".set" file for the Strategy Tester optimisations, both can be generated externally. They are just normal text files.

I just figured that out in my mind. Thank you very much for your help again Sir. 

Elie G #: I just figured that out in my mind. Thank you very much for your help again Sir. 
You are welcome!
Reason: