Digital Nomading issues questions about VPS's

Going to be abroad for a while and am seriously considering VPS....

First, is there a solution to the privacy issues. Are the forex specific VPS providers allowing you to secure your server to retain your own privacy?

Also, wouldn't there still be latency even though your server is located very close to your broker's servers? Wouldn't your location in the world ultimately add to latency?....for instance if you broker and your VPS server is in New York and you are currently somewhere off in the Fijian Islands...

stonesmooth: Also, wouldn't there still be latency even though your server is located very close to your broker's servers? Wouldn't your location in the world ultimately add to latency?....for instance if you broker and your VPS server is in New York and you are currently somewhere off in the Fijian Islands...

Your code is running on the VPS. Your location is irrelevant.

stonesmooth: Going to be abroad for a while and am seriously considering VPS.... First, is there a solution to the privacy issues. Are the forex specific VPS providers allowing you to secure your server to retain your own privacy?

Also, wouldn't there still be latency even though your server is located very close to your broker's servers? Wouldn't your location in the world ultimately add to latency?....for instance if you broker and your VPS server is in New York and you are currently somewhere off in the Fijian Islands...

Why would you use a VPS for manual trading? That makes no sense.

You should use a VPS for EAs or Signal following, not manual trading, and in those cases your location is irrelevant for the latency.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Why would you use a VPS for manual trading? That makes no sense.

You should use a VPS for EAs or Signal following, not manual trading, and in those cases your location is irrelevant for the latency.

It was part due to having to lug around several laptops and a screen. In some cases customs doesn't like to see that you are working in their country as a tourist...big no-no.

I was also concerned with ping times. Having my buy/sell clicks from halfway around the world going to New York. I have to think there would be lag in data speed going to and fro the cables between different continents.

stonesmooth #: It was part due to having to lug around several laptops and a screen. In some cases customs doesn't like to see that you are working in their country as a tourist...big no-no. I was also concerned with ping times. Having my buy/sell clicks from halfway around the world going to New York. I have to think there would be lag in data speed going to and fro the cables between different continents.

If you do manual trading via a VPS you have more lag then directly.

There is the lag between your location to the VPS and then from the VPS to the trade server.

If you are in a Internet Cafe in Fiji, when you click your mouse on one of their computers, there is a delay from that location to the VPS receiving the "click", and then there is another delay from the VPS to the trade server to carry out the request. The end result is that it will take longer than having your own laptop using the cafe's network to connect to the trade server directly.

Reason: