Gold and GOLD symbols

Hello. Anyone know if a signal that trade "Gold" will be copied on my account that has "GOLD" (all capital letters) as symbol? Is it case sensitive mql5 copying system? Thanks

Festina71:
Hello. Anyone know if a signal that trade "Gold" will be copied on my account that has "GOLD" (all capital letters) as symbol? Is it case sensitive mql5 copying system? Thanks

It probably will, but you will never be sure unless you try.

There are no guarantees I am afraid.

You can try asking the signal provider for advice, in case other subscribers have tried or done it before you.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

It probably will, but you will never be sure unless you try.

There are no guarantees I am afraid.

You can try asking the signal provider for advice, in case other subscribers have tried or done it before you.

Thanks. I already tried with "GOLD#" and it doesn't works, hope this time (without the #) it will.

Festina71 #:

Thanks. I already tried with "GOLD#" and it doesn't works, hope this time (without the #) it will.

Yes, I hope so, GOLD# is different, it has a # suffix which is not that common.

My history is not getting downloaded. Not sure what is the exact issue but I followed the steps Tools>History Center>Gold and double clicked on all time frames and also hit download on each timeframe. It says no new data but all time frames show few records. Please advise!!!

Muhammadamar #:
My history is not getting downloaded. Not sure what is the exact issue but I followed the steps Tools>History Center>Gold and double clicked on all time frames and also hit download on each timeframe. It says no new data but all time frames show few records. Please advise!!!
I do not think it is related to copy signals (this thread is about the signals).
As to the history/data/quotes so it depends on the broker (one broker is having good extensive history, the other broker - not).

I am using the following procedure (in MT4):
How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair:  post
How to Start with Metatrader 5 - How to Prepare Metatrader 5 Quotes for Other Applications
How to Start with Metatrader 5 - How to Prepare Metatrader 5 Quotes for Other Applications
  • www.mql5.com
How to prepare metatrader 5 quotes for other applications. To send changes to the repository, execute the. Mql5 programming language: advanced use of the trading platform metatrader 5: creating trading robots and indicators
Reason: