Send indicator levels to background?

Hi all,

Is it possible to send the horizontal levels in an indicator window to the background? It seems by default they show on top of the indicator. I'd like the indicator value to be on top and the horizontal in the background.

I don't think this is possible, but wanted to check.

TIA.

Rob

Rob Perrett:

Hi all,

Is it possible to send the horizontal levels in an indicator window to the background? It seems by default they show on top of the indicator. I'd like the indicator value to be on top and the horizontal in the background.

I don't think this is possible, but wanted to check.

TIA.

Rob

I have never noticed this before.

Is the centre line at 0.00 level?

If so, is it possible that the indicator has empty value set at 0.00?

Keith Watford #:

I have never noticed this before.

Is the centre line at 0.00 level?

If so, is it possible that the indicator has empty value set at 0.00?

Yes the center line is 0.00.

When you say "indicator has empty value set at 0.00", do you mean that on that bar the indicator doesn't have any value?

The indicator is REI (an oscillator), so it will return zero from time to time. It is showing the same values on TradingView, however trading view has it in the foreground not background. 

Can I check if its just returning zero or an error on that bar?

Rob Perrett #: When you say "indicator has empty value set at 0.00", do you mean that on that bar the indicator doesn't have any value?

No. Everything has a value.

Empty value means value as a signal to draw nothing. It can be set to anything but defaults to EMPTY_VALUE.

You erroneously set it to zero, but zero is a valid value to display.

The bars do have a value of 0. If I set the width of the line to 2, then it becomes visible. Only a width of 1 is hidden behind the horizontal. I attempted to set a transparency of the horizontal using a uint color value, however the alpha channel is ignored. For now I have just removed the horizontal.
Reason: