Run indicators without openning charts

Hi. Could someone please explain whether is it possible to run a custom indicator without opening a chart for the particular instrument in MT5? I read that maximum of 100 charts can be opened in MT5 in a given time. If we want to run an indicator in more than 100 instruments at the same time and receive alerts, is it possible in MT5? Please explain.

Thank you.

rhodium1trading: Hi. Could someone please explain whether is it possible to run a custom indicator without opening a chart for the particular instrument in MT5? I read that maximum of 100 charts can be opened in MT5 in a given time. If we want to run an indicator in more than 100 instruments at the same time and receive alerts, is it possible in MT5? Please explain. Thank you.

If you need to run Indicators, without any visual feedback, and without opening a chart for it, then you can use iCustom() function from within an EA.

However, I don't know if their alerts are still generated. You will have to test this as I have no experience with such cases.

EDIT: But as an option, even if an iCustom() indicator does not generate alerts, you can then have the EA generate the alerts itself for all those indicators being called from iCustom() .

Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
  • www.mql5.com
iCustom - Technical Indicators - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you need to run Indicators, without any visual feedback, and without opening a chart for it, then you can use iCustom() function from within an EA.

However, I don't know if their alerts are still generated. You will have to test this as I have no experience with such cases.

EDIT: But as an option, even if an iCustom() indicator does not generate alerts, you can then have the EA generate the alerts itself for all those indicators being called from iCustom() .

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Is there any other way to run an indicator for more than 100 instruments at the same time (even with the charts opened)?

rhodium1trading #: Is there any other way to run an indicator for more than 100 instruments at the same time (even with the charts opened)?

Why?

Does the iCustom() not solve the problem for you?

What is the difficulty you are having with it?

Reason: