MT4 Desktop Indicator Install

Hi,

I have an indicator im trying to install on my mt4 desktop but its not showing up? I have no idea why... im doing all the correct steps. Please find the attached image and youtube link below.. ty. 

1. I open Metaquotes editor

2. I drop my folder into the indicators list.

3. I close MT4 and its not showing up in my navigator but the file is there when i open metaeditor.. it doesnt show up in my navigator im so lost please help.

This seems so easy which it is but its a stupid bump in the road i cant get across please help . This is the file im trying to install. It is a position size calculator. 

<Deleted>

1. I open Metaquotes editor

2. I drop my folder into the indicators list.

Have you actually compiled it? (F7)

What folder are you referring to?

Keith Watford #:

Have you actually compiled it? (F7)

What folder are you referring to?

I figured it out... I downloaded mt4 on the main website but i guess i kept downloading mt5? its wierd.. i had to use the download link on ftmo for their demo.. 

When i installed mt4 from the regular metatrader website and moved the folder it never showed.. but i downloaded the mt4 link given by ftmo demo and it worked what gives ? wierd.. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I'm trying to import MT4 indicators, but only see MT5 files! Where?

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.11.24 15:59

The link on "metatrader4.com" stealthily installs MetaTrader 5 instead.

MT4 is no longer being developed for several years now, so you will have to download the MetaTrader 4 installation package from your broker.

Reason: