Customize Strategy Tester Report

Hey,

Is it possible to customize the strategy tester report which can be exported to xlsx or html format

I just need to remove few fields in the output report...Is that possible?

nithinpiratez: Is it possible to customize the strategy tester report which can be exported to xlsx or html format. I just need to remove few fields in the output report...Is that possible?

Yes, but only to a certain degree — "<data folder>\MQL5\Profiles\Templates\"

Files and Folders - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help

/Profiles

Contains various profiles and templates:

• /Charts — chart profiles. Templates of default chart settings are stored in the Default subdirectory. Custom and built-in profiles are stored in separate subdirectories with their names corresponding to the names of the profiles. Each profile contains *.chr files with chart descriptions and order.wnd file with the windows placement order.
  • /Deleted — templates of deleted charts for subsequent re-opening.
  • /SymbolSets — sets of symbols (including displayed information columns) for the "Market Watch" window.
  • /Templates — chart templates as *.tpl files and HTML templates for reports:
  • /Tester — *.set files with the last used sets of input parameters for each Expert Advisor that has ever been tested.
  • www.metatrader5.com
This section contains the description of how the platform's files and folders are stored. In the main mode of platform start, modifiable and...

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, but only to a certain degree — "<data folder>\MQL5\Profiles\Templates\"

/Profiles

Contains various profiles and templates:

• /Charts — chart profiles. Templates of default chart settings are stored in the Default subdirectory. Custom and built-in profiles are stored in separate subdirectories with their names corresponding to the names of the profiles. Each profile contains *.chr files with chart descriptions and order.wnd file with the windows placement order.
  • /Deleted — templates of deleted charts for subsequent re-opening.
  • /SymbolSets — sets of symbols (including displayed information columns) for the "Market Watch" window.
  • /Templates — chart templates as *.tpl files and HTML templates for reports:
  • /Tester — *.set files with the last used sets of input parameters for each Expert Advisor that has ever been tested.

Hey Fernando,

I've checked those folders myself, as I was curious regarding customising the strategy tester reports as well,

However it seems that I do not have any of the mentioned files in there.

The only 3 files I have in there are 'ADX.tpl', 'BollingerBands.tpl' and 'Momentum.tpl'.

Any idea what that all about or where I can find those template files?

Cheers.

AMI289 #: I've checked those folders myself, as I was curious regarding customising the strategy tester reports as well, However it seems that I do not have any of the mentioned files in there.

The only 3 files I have in there are 'ADX.tpl', 'BollingerBands.tpl' and 'Momentum.tpl'. Any idea what that all about or where I can find those template files?

I was basically just quoting the documentation as I've never really needed to change them, so never looked at them properly.

However, when you first use the History → Report → HTML, it generates the "ReportHistory.htm" file. As for the other two, they don't seem to be generated automatically when first used.

An alternative is to generate your own reports from within your EA with all the details you wish to include.

I did a quick search on the forum and found these relevant threads:

However, in both cases, there was no useful answer and the admin/developers did not respond.

Yes, the default report is more than enough...

but I just need to add a field "Net Profit Percentage" which is not presented

nithinpiratez #: Yes, the default report is more than enough... but I just need to add a field "Net Profit Percentage" which is not presented

Then calculate it with JavaScript from the net profit and initial balance in the final HTML, or ,,,

Calculate the value in your EA and output via Tester value.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then calculate it with JavaScript from the net profit and initial balance in the final HTML, or ,,,

Calculate the value in your EA and output via Tester value.

Yes sure, Thank you very much!

Reason: