Alternative to SendFTP function for custom indicator.

Hi,

I have created an indicator that generates trading signal and write them on an .CSV file.
Now i'm trying to code the indicator to send that file over FTP to my server.
I know that the function SendFTP can't be called from custom indicators, so my question is...

There is a way to convert my indicator into an EA in order to be able to use the SendFTP function, or there is a way to send the file over FTP from the indicator (an alternative function), or maybe a script that could be triggered every new signal from the indicator?

Thanks in advance.

FX_Hustler:

Hi,

I have created an indicator that generates trading signal and write them on an .CSV file.
Now i'm trying to code the indicator to send that file over FTP to my server.
I know that the function SendFTP can't be called from custom indicators, so my question is...

There is a way to convert my indicator into an EA in order to be able to use the SendFTP function, or there is a way to send the file over FTP from the indicator (an alternative function), or maybe a script that could be triggered every new signal from the indicator?

Thanks in advance.
Create an EA and get the Indicator data using iCustom()

Thanks RaptorUK!

Right now i don't have any idea how to do that, but i'll read the documentation, and do my researches and try to figure out as i always do, and if i got stuck along the path, i'll come back to ask for some help.

Thanks once again! Big Up!

FX_Hustler:

Thanks RaptorUK!

Right now i don't have any idea how to do that, but i'll read the documentation, and do my researches and try to figure out as i always do, and if i got stuck along the path, i'll come back to ask for some help.

Thanks once again! Big Up!
There is a thread on this forum all about iCustom, the search will find it and quickly if you sort by date.

Thanks RaptorUK,

I already started reading the documentation, and I certainly will search for some implementation examples of iCustom function on the forum.

My doubt right now is how should the EA looks like in terms of structure.
Should i code it like an indicator but without "#property indicator_chart_window", and then put it on the experts root folder? The metatrader will assume the myEA.mq4 as EA, or i should something else?

Thanks once again! ;)

FX_Hustler:
Thanks RaptorUK,

I already started reading the documentation, and I certainly will search for some implementation examples of iCustom function on the forum.

My doubt right now is how should the EA looks like in terms of structure.
Should i code it like an indicator but without "#property indicator_chart_window", and then put it on the experts root folder? The metatrader will assume the myEA.mq4 as EA, or i should something else?

Thanks once again! ;)

You can't use indicator code in an EA, so you don't have . . .

#property indicator_chart_window

. . . or Buffers or functions like IndicatorCounted(), etc

Reason: