Beginner EA question

Hi everyone,

I know this might sound silly to most of you, but I recently have bought my first EA and have attached it to the currency pair chart I want to use it on;

I got the smiley face and everything seems fine as my orders are being placed and my EA is operating.

However, how does a EA recognize a trend?  Do I have to download the history of the relevant currency pair so my EA can run optimally? 

Would someone be able to elaborate this for me?

Many thanks!

Cupid x 

You have to ask the seller or developer. 

Nobody here can know how your EA works.

drazen64:

You have to ask the seller or developer. 

Nobody here can know how your EA works.

I mean, just generally speaking?

The reason I ask is, that my VPS is slowing running out of space and I could delete .hts data, but I am not sure if it would affect my EAs performance?

What do you guys tend to do?

Thanks

Cupid 

If you are running out of disk space on VPS, you might:

• Consider buying more space
  • Remove all unused symbols from the market watch window. It will stop downloading ticks for the removed symbols.
  • Check log files sizes. They also tend to grow if developer left log messages in the code. 
  • Remove all unnecessary files from the VPS (windows temp folders, browser cache, uninstall unused software, delete personal files you do not need on VPS any more ...)

Trend can be determined several ways but that's a loaded question and is exactly why someone suggested asking the developer. I have an EA I'm working on where a human decides the trend. Trend on a 15 minute chart may go completely against the trend on a daily chart. 
Reason: