EA stopped working live, still works in Strategy tester.

I downloaded an EA and just changed the way it Opens buy/sell.

It worked fine for a week, then refused to open any trades. NO error messages in Experts or Journal. It still works in STrategy tester, though. Please help.

The code is too long to paste, so I have put it in Notepad, attached hereto.

Are you sure that you get no output on the error log? Have you checked OrderSend()? What changes did you make to the way the EA opens buy/sell positions?

JSJTradeworx: The code is too long to paste, so I have put it in Notepad, attached hereto.
Your attachment was removed by moderator, because it was not in the proper format. Attach the original source file with the original extension .mq4 or .mq5 and not as a .txt from notepad.

JSJTradeworx:I downloaded an EA and just changed the way it Opens buy/sell. It worked fine for a week, then refused to open any trades. NO error messages in Experts or Journal. It still works in STrategy tester, though. Please help.

Is Auto/Algo trading enabled both on the terminal and in the options?

Explain the changes you made to the original source. We can't read you mind or know what you did.

Also describe in detail, under which environment you are running the EA on which no trades are being placed (e.g. symbol, time-frame, parameters being used, etc.).

After the changes it still worked for a week, then stopped alltogether.

I trade XAUUSD, on all timeframes. Broker is Exness.

Files:

So add a trace statement to the start of every function (and return of OnTick) and find out where it is stopping. Hunt it down. Do you really expect us to debug your code for you?

#define TRACE(x) Print(__FUNCSIG__,"@",__LINE__," ",X)

void OnTick(void)
  {
   TRACE(start);
   ⋮
      //--- exit from the "no opened orders" block
      TRACE(NB);
      return;
     }
   TRACE(!NB);
  }

I am having same problem. previously it works in my exness pro account but suddenly no trade opening. i contacted with borker to know if any restriction set by them but they said nothing like that. but my EA is not taking any trades. whats wrong and where confused!

Md Atiqul Islam #: I am having same problem. previously it works in my exness pro account but suddenly no trade opening. i contacted with borker to know if any restriction set by them but they said nothing like that. but my EA is not taking any trades. whats wrong and where confused!
  1. You should look in the Experts log and see if there are any messages to explain the issue.
  2. Also look in the Journal for any messages that might explain the issue.
  3. And finally, if the EA is not your own code, then ask the author or seller for support.
    The forum can only be used for general purpose discussion about EAs.

Reason: