Chart keeps moving to random dates while I'm trying to see the history

Hi, can anyone help me? auto-scroll is already disabled.

it keeps going back 2 days every 10 secs

its a custom symbol

carlospelegrini #:

it keeps going back 2 days every 10 secs

its a custom symbol

Are you attaching an indicator to the chart ?

Can you describe everything that is going on ?

yes there's an indicator in the chart

my best bet right now is waiting for the market to close and maybe the bug stops

I just can't stay in the same day in the chart, it keeps going back without me clicking anything.

carlospelegrini #:

yes there's an indicator in the chart

my best bet right now is waiting for the market to close and maybe the bug stops

I just can't stay in the same day in the chart, it keeps going back without me clicking anything.

Maybe the indicator you're using is doing the scrolling...If you can share the code of the indicator then someone might help you with the issue.

Amine Abed #:
Maybe the indicator you're using is doing the scrolling...If you can share the code of the indicator then someone might help you with the issue.

I dont have the code.

Yeah it should be a problem with this renko graph.

carlospelegrini #:

I dont have the code.

Yeah it should be a problem with this renko graph.

the same problem occurs to me on custom symbol

i have also posted a thread on this but so far no solution to fix this

Chart Scroll back automatically randomly
Chart Scroll back automatically randomly
  • www.mql5.com
I have this disabled which shifts chart to right end but still sometime at randomly chart shifts back to 2 or 3 days back when i do analysis How ca...

carlospelegrini #: it keeps going back 2 days every 10 secs. its a custom symbol

It may be the "generator" itself that is causing the issue when it updates the price quotes (or tick data) of the Custom Symbol. You should verify its code.

Arpit T #:

the same problem occurs to me on custom symbol

i have also posted a thread on this but so far no solution to fix this

my solution for now is to create a static custom symbol

meaning the chart only goes up to today (-1day). at least it stopped moving back. So there's something up with new ticks. they are bugging it up.

but now I can look at this thing in peace.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It may be the "generator" itself that is causing the issue when it updates the price quotes (or tick data) of the Custom Symbol. You should verify its code.

The generator can not cause the problem _itself_, because it just generates bars and ticks. It does not deal (control, send events, or whatsoever) with any charts.

Looks like a bug in MT5.

Stanislav Korotky #: The generator can not cause the problem _itself_, because it just generates bars and ticks. It does not deal (control, send events, or whatsoever) with any charts. Looks like a bug in MT5.

In essence you are correct about a "pure generator", but the code may also be issuing commands to the chart.

I know this because I have worked with several generators that do that, and I have written some myself (an old one is in the codebase), that does manipulate the chart itself.

So, it is a possibility that should be considered.

Reason: